FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro and Windows 7

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Johnson
Intensity Pro and Windows 7
on May 30, 2009 at 7:20:31 pm

I need to reinstall my system I currently use VISTA 64, I REALLY like Windows 7 and have the latest beta from MS. Id like to just install this and buy it when it come retail will the Intensity Pro work with it?

Return to posts index

Marc Sparks
Re: Intensity Pro and Windows 7
on May 30, 2009 at 7:49:32 pm

I don't have an Intensity, but I can tell you that in my Windows 7 experiments, the only thing I haven't been able to make work were a few peripherals that wouldn't work with Vista 64 either. (The problem was the lack of x64 drivers, not the OS.)

I've even run a few pieces of software that I really expected to have to run in Virtual XP mode, or not at all, such as Lightwave 7, which uses a dongle for security. In fact, I think it wasn't working in Virtual XP mode, but I got it working fine in Win 7.

That doesn't mean your Intensity will work right out of the box, but it's certainly worth a try. It seems to me that the jump from Vista to 7 isn't a huge leap, and if there are any problems, they will probably get fixed easily. It's not like switching from XP to Vista, or from CS3 to CS4, which had major hurdles.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Jun 1, 2009 at 1:13:52 pm

Hi.

From my experience W7 is not solid enough to use i production.

I have RC at home and i tends to give blue screen etc. so i would not
rely on it when working with deadlines and client.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Jun 1, 2009 at 2:05:02 pm

REALLY?? I am running Windows 7 RC on one of my machines and its MUCH more stable than VISTA. I edit on it with Edius and Premiere I just dont have a BM card in it.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Jun 4, 2009 at 10:39:15 am

I do not have this solid experience yet as i have to BOOT my win 7 time to time. My old XP and Mac OS are more solid compared to that.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Nathan Goodfellow
on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:31:58 pm

Have you had a chance to test the Intensity Pro with Windows 7 yet? I'm currently having issues, so far I can't get anything to record or display. Is this a known issue? I used windows 7 and plan on continuing to use it when it comes out, I would hate to have to downgrade because of a hardware issue. I'm also not sure if its a faulty card because I have only tested it on my windows 7 machine.

Nate
http://www.softthoughts.info

Return to posts index

KEvin Hodgins
on Dec 23, 2009 at 6:35:21 am

Im having the same problem and i have the full windows 7 ultimate and i have intensity pro, so far i cant get anything to work. Ive done all the updates and everything and so far.... nuffin =(

Return to posts index

KEvin Hodgins
on Dec 24, 2009 at 3:14:59 am

So far.. no, it doesnt work for me and i have the full version. They say there is compatible drivers and softwre but so far, they dont work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]