FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro on i7 platform

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Coston
Intensity Pro on i7 platform
on May 29, 2009 at 7:35:38 pm

I read recently that the Asus P6T motherboard is not compatible with the Intensity cards at this time. That was my first and only choice for a motherboard and Black Magic support didn't have any "approved" alternatives, so I am wondering if anyone out in the real world has successfully installed an Intensity card in on an i7 compatible motherboard, and if so, which one.

A side question is if the Intensity cards work with Magic Bullet Looks or not.

Return to posts index

Craig Coston
Re: Intensity Pro on i7 platform
on Jun 15, 2009 at 9:01:42 pm

Is no one running it with an i7? Do any of the other HDMI capable cards work ok with an i7?

Return to posts index

Craig Coston
on Jun 18, 2009 at 10:41:51 pm

I thought that there were Blackmagic Design employees on this forum that answered questions. I have received the runaround from your company when trying to investigate this issue.

Quoted from the Blackmagic Design support site:

"The Asus P6T series of motherboards are currently incompatible with all x1 lane PCI Express products from Blackmagic Design. This includes the Intensity series cards as well as DeckLink SDI and DeckLink Studio. This incompatibility is being actively investigated but a possible resolution to the problem is currently unknown.

This incompatibility only affects x1 lane PCI Express cards from Blackmagic Design. Our x4 lane PCI Express products work fine with the Asus P6T series of motherboards and these include the DeckLink HD Extreme and Multibridge family of capture devices."

This is also listed for an Intel board for the i7 as well. When I contacted support, they said they have not officially tested anything else and suggested that I contact a third party system integrator/reseller (none in particular, just pick from the online list of resellers and hope they integrate too). The few that were integrators said that they were surprised by this approach and had no suggestions other than to stay away from the i7 platform for now.

I would really like a definitive answer soon or I will move on from looking at your company as an option for my needs and will either be forced to stick with my Matrox configuration or find yet another company. Can someone from Blackmagic please address this?

Return to posts index

John Donlevie
on Aug 26, 2009 at 12:50:31 am

Ran into this same wall as I saw this option to matrox...
whish I could experiment...hyper threading maybe the issue or soem other asus features....but is it i7 or asus...quite honestly the I7 rips thru work so it stays!..Edius looks better everyday

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]