Matthew Copeland
No Audio
on May 25, 2009 at 6:15:48 am

Hi,

Vista 64x
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2HP
AMD Phenom Quad Core 9650
4GB Memory

Have my XBox 360 hooked up to an Intensity pro card with component inputs. Have the outputs going to a westinghouse HD Monitor.

I am able to capture video with no problem, but audio capture is not working.

I ran the audio to the monitor just to verify and it was outputting from the XBox (as digital stereo).

First question, should I hear audio coming out of the monitor when capturing using Media express?

Second question, I do not have a sound card on the system, and have not spent anytime configuring the on board audio. Does Intensity Pro depend on an external sound device to capture the audio?

As a note of possible interest, I have the Blackmagic speakers selected as my default playback device. If I reboot my system, I can hear my OS sounds on my westinghouse monitor. As soon as i load media express and start to capture, I no longer hear anything on my monitor. Even when I close out of media express, the OS sounds are no longer heard.

Thanks,
Matthew

Return to posts index

Matthew Copeland
Re: No Audio
on May 25, 2009 at 10:18:19 am

I was wrong on my last point.

If the BlackMagic playback device is set to be the default windows playback device, I hear my system sound on the external monitors speakers.

There is one exception. When Media Express is running, the audio output to the external monitor is cut off. Closing media express restores that output.

This tells me that the the Blackmagic playback device outputs to the the analog audio outputs on the breakout cable, leading to the external monitor inputs - and that these outputs are in good working order.

This leaves the analog audio inputs as suspect. I am guessing when Media Express runs, it locks the Blackmagic playback device, and starts to stream the analog audio input.

It just doesn't seem to be finding that audio input for some reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]