FORUMS: list search recent posts

hd extreme 3 second sdi input

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Weidmann
hd extreme 3 second sdi input
on May 8, 2009 at 11:57:40 am

hi,

we have the 1st sdi in and out plus the remote of the card connected to our sd sdi video/audio switcher. the 2nd out is connected directly to the hd sdi in of a quantel eq (this way works).

i wanted to do the same the other way, so i connected the hd sdi out of the quantel with the second sdi in of the card. i can't get the signal to show up in either final cut pro or blackmagic deck control. if i connect it to the 1st sdi in it works.

so am i doing something wrong, or is it even possible to use both inputs and switch between them? there seems to be no control over which input ist being used.

the card is installed in an 8core 2.26 ghz nehalem mac pro and runs in 4x pci express mode.

any helpful input is welcome,
thanks
niklas

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: hd extreme 3 second sdi input
on May 12, 2009 at 2:15:35 am

Hi,

The second SDI input is the channel B link for use when you're capturing dual link 4:4:4 RGB video from a device such as the HDCAM-SR and is not a discrete input that you can toggle.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Niklas Weidmann
Re: hd extreme 3 second sdi input
on May 12, 2009 at 8:16:45 am

hi kristian,

well that's kind of what i suspected, but i was hoping maybe it could switch and serve as 2nd when 4:4:4 is not active. wishful thinking, but anyway, thanks for your reply!

regards niklas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]