FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to get all 4 audio channels from DigiBeta

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladimir Novikov
Best way to get all 4 audio channels from DigiBeta
on May 6, 2009 at 8:55:51 pm

Hi all,

What is the best workflow for this? I use a SDI output from J30SDI and I get only 2 audio channels using BlackMagic Deck Control. I'd like to avoid two captures, for channels 1+2, next for 3+4, what do you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: Best way to get all 4 audio channels from DigiBeta
on May 6, 2009 at 11:29:40 pm

PPro or FCP?

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Geert van den Berg
on May 7, 2009 at 8:20:46 am

I am also using FCP.

But sometimes a simpler application without all the bells and whistles is all that is needed, also without the need without starting a new project which then makes a new capture scratch folder etc. (I now use just one Ingest project, so then it is less problematic, but still...)

I like Deck Control, but can't use it due to it only capturing the first 2 tracks.

Also Deck Control is handy for capturing stills in PSD format. I like to ingest materiaal and stills without having to switch between FCP and Deck Control, which can't be run at the same time.

Return to posts index

Vladimir Novikov
on May 7, 2009 at 8:54:41 am

Greet, you write EXACTLY what I mean. While FCP is a great tool, sometimes one just wants to use a simple utility to capture footage and execute some other simple tasks. BlackMagic Deck Control is such an utility, but this unawareness of the channels 3 and 4 bothers me a lot.

If someone from BlackMagic reads this, PLEASE give us the possibility to capture all available audio channels. It will also allow us to dedicate one machine to capture, while editing on another one.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 7, 2009 at 11:39:59 am

Hi,

We hear you guys, hence we will be releasing Media Express 2.0 which will replace Blackmagic Deck Control. Not only will it capture more than 2 channels of audio, it will also have batch capture and playlist functionality.

Did I mention it's free?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Vladimir Novikov
on May 7, 2009 at 12:08:05 pm

Kristian, thank you for bringing us good news. I've seen the info about Media Express 2.0, but didn't notice this specific function's availability. I was more concentrated on Linux support, also a good news for me, because I have an old G4 PM dedicated to Capture. Now I can replace it by a PCI-X compatible PC running Linux, if needed.

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on May 9, 2009 at 11:08:41 am

What about capture of Time code via the new Media Express 2.0? Where the timecode is captured and written to the AVI or MOV file? As when I captured HDCAM SR recentley via media Express I was only to find out that no time-code was captured. So each clip started at 00:00:00:00 for a product to not capture time-code when working in film and tv is pointless as it's the fundamentals of editing.

Leo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]