FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio not there

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Gates
audio not there
on May 4, 2009 at 8:16:05 pm

Hi, I have a Multibridge Pro, and although I can hear my FCP fine with it, I can not hear any other app, like Soundbooth, Soundtrack, even the internet. I can't seem to locate a setting that has any affect on this. And I'm going to guess there are a ton of suggestions out there. I stand by waiting to catch whatever gets thrown my way!

G5 Mac tower
Decklink 6.8.7

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: audio not there
on May 4, 2009 at 9:35:01 pm

To do this you will have to check two things. First you will have to make sure that NO software is invoking our board as an input device. In other words, FCP or Deck Control cannot be trying to use it to capture.

If you are sure that is not the case, check to see if the application has a specific place to set the Multibridge as an output. If not then go to your system preferences and set it to using the Multibridge as the output for system sounds.

That should get you there.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Miguel Figueiredo
on May 5, 2009 at 1:52:53 pm

It is a bit confusing...
First, my system settings are all for Blackmagic output.
If I want to capture a VO I have to do it over FCP, because in Soudtrack it keeps failing and I don't know why...
Secondly, I have to keep a video input (from my betacam sp output) so it may react to sound - this still in FCP.
In Soundtrack, I'm able to select which input and output I want to work with, I select blackmagic for both and nothing happens... I have a Decklink Extreme HD...
It happened after a format I made to my system and upgrade from Tiger to Leopard. I guess these more recent drivers may be causing it...
Any solution? thanks.

Miguel Figueiredo
B'Lizzard, Ltd

Return to posts index

massimo croce
on May 7, 2009 at 2:16:43 pm

try this...
on audio midi set up app. (Applications/utilities/audiomidi setup) setting up
all input and output on Blackamgic Audio
open soundtrack load your audio files.
Open Blackmagic Deck Control