FORUMS: list search recent posts

UltraScope again

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margus Voll
UltraScope again
on May 3, 2009 at 2:29:30 pm

Hi.

I wonder if it will run on small PC with passive cooling.

What i'm after is siletn and small machine with passive cooling and
really silent SSD drive even.

For now my MacPro is more silent than regular PC ever so it would be nice to have this relatively silent room later on.

Eny directions for "low cost" PC.

And if it will run on XP 64b also?
I just have one license lying around :)

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: UltraScope again
on May 3, 2009 at 4:11:45 pm

I just saw the new PC Connection catalog. They have brand new
Lenovo "tower computers" running Win XP with PCIe slots for under $400, and 22" LCD displays for about $230. This is BRAND NEW. So the ability to have an Ultrascope complete new system for under
$1300 is a reality. I cannot wait for this product to come out.
I don't know how quiet the Lenovo computers are, but I personally own HP xw4100 and xw4200 computers, and they are pretty silent.

you don't need a microsoft license - the new computers come with the license and Win XP.

http://www.pcconnection.com

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Derrick Abeyta
on May 11, 2009 at 9:14:43 pm

I am looking forward to this product release too. Finally, affordable HD scopes! I notice it requires a 24" monitor, not sure if a 22" would work. I guess we will have to wait till next month to find out how well this works. I notice no 4:4:4 or 2k support. Oh well, the price is definitely right on this one.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on May 11, 2009 at 10:39:53 pm

Hi,

It's not the size of the monitor but the resolution. You'll need a monitor that supports 1920x1200 so if the 22" is of that resolution, it will work.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Craig Sommerer
on May 14, 2009 at 12:23:14 am

I hope that the display is adjustable as I find there is a TON of wasted space and information in this product so far. All I want is YRGB parade and a vectorscope with the abilty to zoom and place them where I want. I could get by with a 12 inch display perfectly. I'm really hoping that this becomes a viable alternative to the Tektronix rasterizers in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]