FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Analog Out?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Intensity Pro Analog Out?
on May 1, 2009 at 12:08:19 am

Hey Folks,

Have new Mac Pro Nehalem 2.66 8 core. Installed new Intensity Pro in slot 3 with the latest drivers. I can get Analog component input to output passthru with Media Express open and capture selected. I cannot get Media Express to play a HD QT video through the component outs. I have checked and recheck the settings in System Preferences and did another shutdown/restart.

I have an Aja LH in the my G5 so I am not unfamiliar with capture cards. By the way FCP from Studio 2 outputs The same HD fine.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro Analog Out?
on May 1, 2009 at 11:51:22 pm

Hrm...what format is the HD file? It must be a format that the Intensity board supports to play out of our Media Express application.

In other words if you try to put a 320x240 web file in there or something it won't play. So let me know what frame rate and resolution you are running.

We would also be happy to work through this with you over the phone if it is more convenient.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on May 4, 2009 at 1:55:01 pm

[Joshua Helling] "It must be a format that the Intensity board supports to play out of our Media Express application. "

Yeah, Imagine my surprise that the applet will not play ProRes. Since that is a Apple codec would it not be trivial to allow Express to play that?

My disappointment widens and deepens.

I am also having trouble getting the component inputs to recognized incoming HS 1080i/59.94. Then there is the 8 bit problem.

Thanks for the reply,
Robert:-)

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on May 4, 2009 at 9:04:43 pm

Yeah...ProRes is a licenced codec and as of now we don't have a licence to do any sort of decoding or encoding on our own. So all that ProRes work will need to be done inside of FCP. As for how easy it would be to implement, I am not an engineer, but my personal understanding is that this sort of thing is not too hard.

By 8bit problem do you mean that the card only supports 8bit? Not much to be done there, but if there is some other problem please let us know. As for your problem with the component input it might be easier if you discussed that with our support office directly. Give us a call and we can help address that.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on May 19, 2009 at 4:56:33 pm

[Joshua Helling] "By 8bit problem do you mean that the card only supports 8bit? Not much to be done there,"

Plenty to be done there. How 'bout a quick redesign with a 10 bit chip? I suspect 10 bit chips are pretty cheap these days and you folks probably use them elsewhere.

Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]