FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas and intensity

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith moon
Sony Vegas and intensity
on Apr 22, 2009 at 4:10:41 pm

hello, and my apologies in advance as i searched this and other forums already but have but come up short, so this might be a long shot...

Can i output the ol' regular DV codec with Intensity's component output from Vegas?

I know there are plenty of other firewire equipped devices that can do this easily but getting firewire over component outputs is quite expensive - Datavideo and Canopus's product are $$$$$!!!and they lack HDMI in.

I use DV proxies for editing and am about to purchase a SONY PVM monitor and i'm looking for something to help me make full use of its component inputs.

Thanks for your help
K.

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
Re: Sony Vegas and intensity
on Apr 23, 2009 at 5:01:50 am

Hi Keith,

Unfortunately I'm not at all sure you could use Intensity Pro with Vegas and a DV codec as all the testing we conducted with Vegas was with uncompressed codecs and I think there was some reason for that (which escapes me) but had to do with Vegas supplying it's own uncompressed codec format.

If you happen to have Premiere Pro CS3 or CS4, then you can certainly use it to play out your DV media through the Intensity Pro card and monitor via its component analog outputs or the HDMI output. Intensity Pro has a choice of several compressed and uncompressed codecs when using Premiere Pro so that might be a solution for you.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Keith moon
on Apr 23, 2009 at 3:37:00 pm

Well Luke seeing as how you work for BMD, i should take your word for it...but don't hate me if I keep looking for a definitive "NO":)

If you happen to have Vegas sitting around the BMD offices can you give it a go and see if DV can be output of the Intensity:)

If anyone else can chime in about DV, Vegas and Intensity that would be great. In the meantime i guess i can try my luck on the Vegas forum.

Thanks again Luke.

k

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on Apr 24, 2009 at 2:21:57 am

Hi Keith,

I'm on the forum this week as the usual guys who might really know the answer to your question are at the NAB trade show. It could be worth checking with them next week but with Vegas 9 having been announced, I don't expect further work would be conducted for retrospectively adding additional and official format support to Vegas 8 for DV. There were a number of issues we encountered which lead us to provide beta driver support for Vegas 8 and never advance to "release drivers". There have been some big changes in Vegas 9 so I'm hopeful that those past issues will be resolved as we'd love to have official release drivers for Vegas and the flexibility to work with multiple codecs so that customers can choose which ones they want to use. Vegas has a very loyal following as it works differently to other NLE software and that's one of its attractions and that's why we'd like to provide full support for it. My reference to Premiere Pro is only because I know that we have official DV support there that will work if you need to do DV work right now but I'm guessing you want to stick with Vegas if it's already the NLE that you use :-)

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Keith moon
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:05:23 am

Hey Luke
Much appreciated!!! I'll try and ask again after NAB...

And your right hopefully Vegas 9 will get in line with third party involvement! It keeps getting better!

Thanks again

K.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]