FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge SD firmware update

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julius Miller
Multibridge SD firmware update
on Apr 19, 2009 at 8:38:46 am

Hi there

I bought a 2nd hand Multibridge SD to use as stand alone converter. Whenever i try to run the Multibridge utility it asks me to upgrade the firmware. Once i do this and power down the unit it continually asks me to do the firmware upgrade again??? I have tried the latest software from decklink (7.1) and also many other versions previous to that on their website with the same results... Blackmagic do state that theses drivers are still compatible with the multibridge SD... Any answers??? thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
Re: Multibridge SD firmware update
on Apr 22, 2009 at 5:18:20 am

Hi Julius,

I wonder if this unit was operational when you received it or whether it was shipped to you in that condition? Are you anywhere near a Blackmagic office where they could check it out?
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

It's probably out of warranty but if you are near a BMD office, they might be able to check it out for you.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Julius Miller
on Apr 22, 2009 at 8:55:55 am

Thanks Luke

I was afraid that might be the case but thought there may be a simple fix to this issue. I have tried it on both Windows and Mac and it does the same.... Is there any 'diagnostic' software i can download to check it myself?

Thanks

Julius Miller

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on Apr 23, 2009 at 1:35:55 am

Hi Julius,

Unfortunately there isn't any diagnostic software for it and you've already tried everything that you could by trying to apply a firmware update via USB on two different computers. I think that a chip needs to be reprogrammed on the unit itself but that could only be done by one of our support offices. That's my best guess as it's hard to know what has really gone wrong given the unit is second hand and presumably we don't know if it was previously working or not. If you can return the unit and get your money back, I would suggest you do that.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Julius Miller
on Apr 28, 2009 at 10:09:19 pm

Hi Luke

I sent the Multibridge to you last Friday. Please let me know once you have received it. Many thanks... Julius

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Apr 28, 2009 at 10:18:59 pm

Did you send the unit back to Blackmagic? That won't help, please stop the shipment if possible. I think Luke was suggesting that you return it to the person you purchased it from.

As I had mentioned in my email to you directly it is not possible for us to warranty that product, but if you send me the serial number (not here, but respond to my email to you) we can at least look at some options for you.

We don't want to leave you stranded but please understand that we have to work within certain guidelines.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Luke Maslen
on Apr 30, 2009 at 12:15:03 am

Hi Joshua,

The problem with Julius' second-hand Multibridge SD has been resolved but thanks for jumping in!

Regards,

Luke Maslen
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Harald Werner
on Dec 7, 2011 at 11:31:21 am

Hello

Just found this thread about Multibridge SD firmware update...we have the same Problem.
Used the MB for some years succesfully, then systemchange and the old paused for 1/2 year. Now tried to activate the old system (as it was and as it worked before, Osx 10.4.11 on G5, Decklink 6.8.1, Multibridge utility 5.5.1)and MB asked for the firmware upgrade..upgrade did not work.

I will be happy, if ther will be a solution for it.

Thanks a lot

Harald

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Ramirez
on Jan 30, 2012 at 8:47:41 am

Hi Luke,

I am having the same issue as Julius, may I know how did you manage to resolved it?

Cheers

Jeff

JeffreyRamirez

AvidAutodeskAppleAdobe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]