FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDLink Pro : Color management query

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Devlin
HDLink Pro : Color management query
on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:43:20 pm

Hello,Sorry if this seems like a long one.

I'm interested in using the HDLink Pro as an inexpensive color management system . 8bit DVI from PC convered to SDI to HDLinkpro to display. I do not want to use a natively SDI capable graphics card so will have to live with an additional convertor stage.

I don't want the HDLink pro to function as anything other than a CMS,no additional scaling , pulldown or other standards conversion going on with the HDLink pro.

I have a number of concerns about the HDlink Pro that I've not been able to clarify.

Do think the various conversion stages will massively impact AV sync: I'm not able to run audio through the sdi pipeline.

Are the "onboard" color management controls truly capable of adjusting gamut as well as gamma and grayscale? I'm assuming yes as it can handle 3dlut type adjustments for film work so rec.709 tweaking should be easy.

Given an 8bit RGB source will the HDlink exacerbate banding? ( it doesn't have to be truly transparent just not any worse than the digital panel it feeds).

Can the HDlink Pro handle 1080p 8bit rgb at 23.976 and 50Hz "unmolested" other than color transforms?

many thanks

Keith Devlin

Return to posts index

Keith Devlin
Re: HDLink Pro : Color management query
on Apr 17, 2009 at 2:11:53 pm

Come on guys throw me a bone here. If the HDlink pro works for me there are a couple of dozen DI suites I know of that can maybe find a use for one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]