FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Monitoring Query

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Mavros
Audio Monitoring Query
on Apr 13, 2009 at 4:03:37 pm

Hello All,

I'm working at a company that has a BMD Decklink card...I'm not sure which one, but it has HD output (I think it is an Extreme). Anyhow, the way they have the audio set up is not great. They just have some run of the mill speakers hooked up via a regular old headphone jack. Now I don't want to monitor the video on the HD monitor and the audio from the computer's line out. They have a Digibeta deck hooked up, and what they normally do when working in SD is plug the speakers or headphones into the front of the deck with a mini to 3/4 adapter...problem solved.

The problem I'm running into is that when I am working with HD and have my easy setup set to say 10bit or ProRes, I get picture to the HD monitor, but I no longer get audio levels to my Digibeta deck. I'm wondering if the audio is being output through the same HD-SDI as the video and the problem is the deck is an SD deck. I think there is a way in the AJA control panel to route audio and video through separate outputs on the card...do I have this kind of option with the Decklink? I want to be able to monitor audio and video without the annoying delay of monitoring the video through the card and the audio through the computer. Apparently they recently updated the drivers and stuff for the card, and they claim it used to work before! Apparently in the audio playback menu it used to have the option for "Decklink Audio" and now it says that is missing and only gives you the option to choose "Black Magic Audio". Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Eli

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]