FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pro (ver. 1) - is it dead?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Plywaczewski
Multibridge Pro (ver. 1) - is it dead?
on Apr 10, 2009 at 11:51:19 am

Hi all,

It's my first post on this forum, because I was a happy user of the Multibridge Pro paired with Mac Pro.

Until yesterday, out of nothing, it died. Or it seems so.

Mac Pro connected to the MBP won't even boot. When MBP is in standalone mode, neither PC nor Mac Blackmagic utility won't see the device connected with USB. The red LED doesn't lit up.

The Fan is working though - so it's probably not the power issue.

Has anyone experienced such unpleasent surprise one day? Am I right? It's dead? Or maybe there is some simple solution for that?

Looking forward to any help

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
Re: Multibridge Pro (ver. 1) - is it dead?
on Apr 13, 2009 at 1:44:48 pm

My HD Extreme board is about the same. All of a sudden, no video and just static on audio. Waiting to hear from BM if they can test it out for me.

You never get hurt in the air!

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
on Apr 16, 2009 at 1:45:48 pm

Update, the ver 7.1 drivers seem to get it running. But see post below about audio. I did find the other problem "export to tape" that I had. That problem was ME! rg

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
good news!
on Apr 14, 2009 at 12:04:08 am

downloaded the Decklink 7.1 update, reinstalled the board, installed drivers and voila, inputs and outputs work great!

Only thing is that I am not able to monitor audio via the workstation sound card any more from Premiere. Sound card is default audio device and selected on desktop. Audio continues to output via decklink outs. This is in a non-BM sequence.

Any thoughts? Otherwise, happy camper! rg

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
BAD NEWS - good news! upgrade 7.1
on Apr 14, 2009 at 1:30:37 pm

followup to my message last night that I have lost audio monitoring via workstation sound card while in Premiere with 7.1 drivers.

Now I cannot "export to tape" via firewire of an HDV project, no matter what I change. Guess I will have to uninstall 7.1 drivers in order to do other work.

And I was thrilled that I could now capture and print direct from BetaSP into my workflow. Any thoughts before I chuck this $999 card?

Anyone else do the 7.1 upgrade yet?

rg

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
Re: BAD NEWS - good news! upgrade 7.1
on Apr 14, 2009 at 2:11:55 pm

Apologize for the quick-fire complaint on the "export-to-tape" problem. It was operator failure, did not check the Device Control preference menu first. So I may re-install BM Decklink, yet again.

Smiling a bit now (as much as I can having just sent a 3TB RAID out for recovery). Send booze.
rg

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Apr 17, 2009 at 12:01:36 am

Hi Adam,

The fan could be working but it's possible that the power supply may be faulty and not supplying enough juice to the unit. Any chance you can test out the power supply (if you have a volt meter)?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Adam Plywaczewski
on Apr 17, 2009 at 11:17:59 am

I'll have it checked after weekend by someone more qualified than me. What is the correct current I should expect?

-----------------------
CS4/FCS2 Mac Pro + Multibridge Pro
CS4 PC

Return to posts index

Adam Plywaczewski
on Apr 22, 2009 at 11:11:49 am

Hi,

I've finally got a chance to check the PSU voltage - it is 10.94V

Could this be the problem, however it doesn't seem to be very far off 12V...

regards

-----------------------
CS4 PC

Return to posts index

Adam Plywaczewski
on May 29, 2009 at 9:24:42 am

In order to end the thread with some good (I hope) news.

After some correspondence with Blackmagic we have returned the unit to reseller, which unfortunetaly was not able to determine the problem due to lack of the spare PSU.

So it was shipped to regional service company, where the faulty PSU was finally confirmed as being the reason of the problem.

It is supposed to be back soon, maybe even today.

Therefore I'd like to thank Blackmagic representatives for support, both here on forum, and in mails.

For the future, I think buying an extra PSU might be a good idea.

-----------------------
CS4 PC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]