FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio 2009 - No Audio on CS4 PPRO timeline

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric monroe
Decklink Studio 2009 - No Audio on CS4 PPRO timeline
on Apr 5, 2009 at 12:31:56 am

Hello All,

I just purchased a BMD Decklink Studio. I am having an issue with audio in premiere CS4. It will play audio in the source monitor but not from the timeline. I went into preferences to insure that my audio was set to ppro's native audio setting....but since the install of the BMD drivers it doesnt play audio from the timeline. I downloaded the latest drivers for the Decklink. I also have no audio during capture when using the ppro capture window. I tried the media express software and had audio through there. I have audio when using windows media player. Just as a side note...I have my computer's speakers hooked up to the standard jack from the computer not the audio outs from the decklink. Do you have to use the audio outs from decklink when using this card? When I hooked them up to the decklinks audio outs, I had audio, but it sounded a bit tin-like. plus then my subwoofer stopped. any input would be great.....willing to try whatever. Thanks.

Eric

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: Decklink Studio 2009 - No Audio on CS4 PPRO timeline
on Apr 5, 2009 at 2:32:29 am

Hello Eric,

Yes you have to have the audio out-puts form the Blackmagic card thats what I use and it works fine.

Leo

Return to posts index

eric monroe
on Apr 5, 2009 at 2:39:02 am

Thanks Leo....I will hook up directly to the BMD Decklink outputs.

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
on Apr 6, 2009 at 3:08:40 am

I've contacted Blackmagic about this, no you should not have to use audio outputs, my decklink card does not even have outputs, its poor drivers defaulting to audio output from the card and not windows.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Apr 6, 2009 at 3:46:21 am

Hi Eric,

You should be using the audio outputs from the DeckLink Studio. If you use your computer's onboard audio, then the audio will be off a difference hardware clock and you will get a/v sync issues.

As for your audio sounding "tin-like", it's best describe exactly how you've connected them, such as make model of the speakers, type of cables used etc.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

eric monroe
on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:22:19 pm

Thanks everyone for your input with my issue. I hooked up to the decklink's outputs....and it is working great. As far as my audio sound like "tin" i swictched to a different cable and it sounds great....must have just been a bad cable.

All is good....thanks a bunch

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]