FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone getting more capture settings in FCP than device supports?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Anyone getting more capture settings in FCP than device supports?
on Apr 3, 2009 at 5:48:38 pm

I recently tried to do a live capture (Sony XDCAM EX1 ->SDI out ->Apple ProRes(HQ)) using my Multibridge Pro v2 using Final Cut Pro (latest) and couldn't capture with the listed preset - 1080p24. I called BM in San Francisco and it turned out that I had an enormous list of capture presets that the device doesn't support, not to mention it doesn't support capture of that 1080p24 which is what we're shooting.

BM was certain I had additional software on my system, but the long list of capture settings I had in FCP were labeled "Blackmagic...". the only other Quicktime extension I had was Perian (http://www.perian.org). This was not the culprit and I removed it to make sure. I was running decklink 6.8.7 driver at the time. I was instructed to uninstall the DL software and reinstall.

After uninstall - BM setings were gone as they should have been.
After reinstall - all of those same captures settings (supported and unsupported settings were there again rather than just the ones my device supports.

Essentially because the choice were there, I was led to believe that I could capture with the settings - and this was on set, right before the next shot.

Has anyone experienced this - having a large list of settings that their BM device doesn't support mixed in with the ones it does?

I can send link to a screenshot if anyone is unclear of what I am talking about.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]