FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDCAM SR 444 Capture no Timecode?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Baker
HDCAM SR 444 Capture no Timecode?
on Mar 27, 2009 at 9:31:53 pm

Hello,

I just captured HDCAM SR 444 into the Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse, via the SDI in with the Remote connection cable connected from the deck into the Eclipse. The Deck converted to 422.

I used Media Express to capture the HDCAM SR 422 signal into 10 bit un-compressed RGB via blackmagic Media Express using the v7.0 64bit drivers.

I have loaded my captured clips into Premiere pro cs4 4.0.1, I can't see the original time-code of the HDCAM sr captured tapes I just captured?

Does anyone know why this would be or if i cna get my original timecodes back?

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: HDCAM SR 444 Capture no Timecode?
on Mar 27, 2009 at 9:37:58 pm

Hello,

Sorry I meant 10 bit 1080 yuv uncompressed 422. When i say I can;t see the timecode in Premeire Pro cs4, I applythe tiemcode effects or go to trim the clip and it just shows me 0-999 for example where ever my current time indicator is, not the full time-code of the original media that I captured.

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Mar 27, 2009 at 10:27:13 pm

That's all my SDI captured tapes video files say.

00:00:00:00

So when I playback in Premiere I just get the tiemcode of where evr my current time indicator is onthe timeline with my clips. As I captured the tapes into Blackmagic Media Express, is this the cause of the problem not reading/inserting the timecode?

I presumed that it would record the tape timecode via the SDI feed into the Blakcmagic Eclipse card direct into the video file for when I start editing.

So quite simple the entire evening capturing these tapes with the hire of the HDCAM SR 444 decik was a waste of money/time if it can't do the simple task the Media Express software storing the timecode into the captured video files.

Can anyone clarifty that using the media Express as opposed to Premeire pro for the capture is correct by not giving me the timecodes capture?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Mar 28, 2009 at 7:55:43 am

Hi.

Why you use this media express?

I have to be honest i do not know what that is ;)

I used to capture directly to premiere with SDI and it worked every time ... i just had to have remote control over my SDI vtr. I do not think there is eny difference SD or HD etc. Only control cable must work with vtr and eclipse.

Can you remotely play stop etc with your vtr from premiere?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Mar 28, 2009 at 10:15:28 am

Hello,

I thought Media Express would of done the same job of capturing as if I was in Premiere pro.

Maybe I got to go back and capture everything back from tapes but via Premiere pro withthe Blackmagic project preset to match the HDCAM to get timecode into the video file.

Can anyone confirm why Media Express would of not recorded the timecode from the VTR deck into the captured video file that Media Express created?

Leo

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Mar 28, 2009 at 10:21:30 am

Is this the same app as mentioned on BM page?

--

Margus

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Mar 28, 2009 at 10:26:26 am

Yes, the Media Express came withthe blackmagic software drivers, it allowed me to see the deck, timecode, and remote control it, i connected my SDi cable from the deck intot the Eclipse and it allowed me to capture the singal while i was controllinghe deck.

Leo

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Mar 28, 2009 at 12:52:33 pm

I wonder if you would use something like this ?

http://www.virtualvtr.com/

It seems promising ... but i do not have experience with it yet.
I got the product name on BM web.
I plan to use it some time in near future if nothing else comes up.

BTW does you premiere "see" timecode

--

Margus

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Mar 28, 2009 at 1:01:03 pm

Hello,

I am on Windows, so I can't use virtual VTR. I thought that the Blackmagic Media Express tool deck control/capture with there stand alone would of captured the timecode as it's the basics of editing.

I am now just looking at the original timecodes from the dv offlinee dit, and manually enetring the new tiemcode for the HD CAm captured files in Premeire now. A few secs out of sync, so going to re-adjust it now.

Thanks for the info.

Leo

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Mar 28, 2009 at 1:14:35 pm

On win it use to be deck control software also for something like that.
I still advise getting premiere working and start capturing with that.

When i used win and DL card with my pc and premiere it worked 100% with SDI.

--

Margus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]