FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI Display Issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teng Hui Lee
HDMI Display Issue
on Mar 27, 2009 at 3:35:07 am

Hey People,

Im currrently using 2 Apple Cinema HD displays and a TV output for presentation purpose. I have got a Blackmagic Multibridge Pro hooked up to the system. The issue right now is, when i play my timeline in Final Cut Pro, the images only appear on either the second Cinema HD display(when i put the FCP video play back on Digital Cinema Display-Full Screen) or the TV output (when it is on Blackmagic 8 or 10 bit).

Second issue is, when i gather window in "Display" (System Preference), the TV window doesnt show up. I reckon that is the reason why both displays dont show the images together when i play the FCP timeline. I have concluded that it is not the FCP settings for sure, it is either the Blackmagic software or some other settings that i have no idea about. I tried to update the Blackmagic software but it just wont download. I would really like to have both displays playing the images during presentation, clients just like to see more eventhough they are displaying the same images.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
Re: HDMI Display Issue
on Mar 29, 2009 at 2:37:08 pm

[Teng Hui Lee] "The images only appear on either the second Cinema HD display(when i put the FCP video play back on Digital Cinema Display-Full Screen) or the TV output (when it is on Blackmagic 8 or 10 bit). "

Yes, Final Cut will only output to either Digital Cinema Display or the TV output, not both at the same time. FCP only supports one ouput at the time. This is not a bug or a problem wiht the decklink card. It is just the way Final Cut works. You can put the canvas window on the second screen and enlarge it to get some kind of "big screen" playback.

Regarding the second issue, you have to enable video desktop in the decklink control panel. (But it won't solve your first problem...)

Stephan

Return to posts index

Teng Hui Lee
Re: HDMI Display Issue
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:39:56 am

Thanks for the reply Stephan, appreciate it.

Managed to solve the second question. The first problem is still bugging me as it used to show up on both the monitors a few months ago. It has been weeks and the engineer who hook up everything for the company still hasnt got back to us. There might be some mirror desktop thing which was unchecked or something. Still trying to figure things out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]