FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low amplitude AND overmodulated

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naiche Lujan
Low amplitude AND overmodulated
on Mar 21, 2009 at 12:12:39 am

I am having a very frustrating time with audio while importing my Betacam.
It would appear there is either a problem in the setup, or in the settings. But It seems like I've gone through all the settings and I'm not sure what else I can control in my setup.
So, hopefully someone will have some more ideas. I'm using the Blackmagic Studio card with FCS2.

Basically, as it currently operates, when I play the video through the card with the Betacam Player's (BVW-60) volume knobs turned all the way to MAX, the audio is pratically inaudible because it's so overmodulated, however, it's peaking around -12. It never goes into the red or gets close to 0. In fact, If I look at the audio waveforms after import, you can see, very clearly, plateaus where the audio is peaking.

If I turn the volume down on the respective channels, down to about 1/4 or about the 2 mark, I get a relatively low signal, but it seems to be pretty clean. However, in some cases I've had to amplify some quiet parts so much so that the background noise becomes audible.

None of the controls in System Prefs for the Blackmagic Card, nor the Master gain in the Log and Capture dialogue box in FCP do anything, I mean there is no change in the audio when adjusting these controls. My only control is on the Beta player and that is not enough to get what I need.

Any help or ideas are welcomed? Even obvious ones. I just can't figure it out.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]