FORUMS: list search recent posts

Older Decklink SD output problems...is the card finally dead?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Morrison
Older Decklink SD output problems...is the card finally dead?
on Mar 20, 2009 at 8:01:15 pm

My output monitor displaying what looks like a dark out of sync black and white picture. The bar at the top of the frame is down from the top about a tenth of the way down, it is extremely dark, with no color.

This happens about once a year and I usually just clean out the computer and re-seat the card and everything is fine, but this time nothing I do seems to help. I have thoroughly dusted out the computer, the pci slot and the card and still no luck. I have even uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them... still no luck.

Has my card finally died or is there anything else I can try?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Older Decklink SD output problems...is the card finally dead?
on Mar 21, 2009 at 10:15:28 pm

perhaps your monitor is dead. You have not described any of your hardware - your computer, your monitor, your source material, how you are setup. Do you have an SDI monitor ? Are you going thru a D/A converter to see the analog signal? More info please.

bobzelin

Return to posts index

Matt Morrison
on Mar 23, 2009 at 12:06:34 pm

I actually have a very simple setup... I route through a BetaSP deck (uvw1800) via component out (I don't use the SDI at all) and I know the deck and monitor are fine becuase I can input from another source and the deck functions just fine and I can output to the monitor from the deck without problems as well.

I can provide all the specs for my equipment if you want, but I am not having any problems with any other piece of equipment at all... and I have experienced this exact same problem with my decklink card in the past, but re-seating it in the motherboard has always solved the problem before.

Return to posts index

Matt Morrison
on Mar 23, 2009 at 1:21:12 pm

Well... today it seems to be working just fine... after searching the forums I see that I am not the only one that has suffered this odd little quirk... I just wish I knew what caused it and a reliable way to correct it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]