FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio: No audio input signal

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Carrion
Decklink Studio: No audio input signal
on Mar 16, 2009 at 3:33:01 pm

I've been going back and fourth with BM support for weeks now and figured I'd try here to speed up the process.

I can't get an audio input signal into my Decklink Studio card. Here's my setup: MacPro OS10.5.6 Decklink Studio Driver v6.8.8, mic into a Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer, stereo TRS 1/4" main out into analogue Ch.1 & Ch.2 audio in on the Decklink via TRS 1/4" stereo.

Audio is flowing through the mixer just fine, I've checked its output with other speakers and equipment. The cables work, they are new and I have swapped them out with others just to check. Output from the Decklink is working fine.

Settings in the Decklink system preference pane are set to analogue audio out (I have toggled through all the available options). Settings in the Sound preference pane are set to Decklink audio out. No luck???

Please help, am I missing anything else? Wrong cables? Bad karma?

Jeff-

"No TV and no beer make Homer something, something..."

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
Re: Decklink Studio: No audio input signal
on Mar 17, 2009 at 4:11:28 pm

This has already been discussed in a way here and I have tried this myself.

The analogue input of the Decklink (as opposed to the output) isn't live.
You could try capturing blank video from i.e FCP and test/record from the audio input, but that is the most functionality you can get.

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
on Mar 17, 2009 at 4:24:24 pm

Hi Guys

As I believe what Aristides is trying to say, the Decklink cards are not designed to capture just audio on their own.

All our capture hardware requires a video signal to be present, in order to capture audio as well. This is down to the way the hardware works, as the audio takes it's timing from the input video.

As Aristides also suggested, you could try just sending a stable black video signal (or any video signal really) to the card while you are capturing.

On the Mac (depending on your capture application) you will then end up with a QuickTime movie file with your audio embedded with the "random" video. You can then extract the audio etc, or do as you wish. I haven't tried this but i believe it should work!

Callum McLay
Technical Support Manager
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Jeff Carrion
on Mar 18, 2009 at 2:38:19 am

Ok, thanks guys that make sense. One more thing, how then can I use my card to input audio for other applications like Skype, Garageband, Soundtrack Pro, or Screenflow? Do I just need to have a video signal feed into the card?

Jeff-

"No TV and no beer make Homer something, something..."

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
on Mar 18, 2009 at 1:04:55 pm

Jeff, I would strongly recommend to use an external or internal audio interface (audio card) to do that.

Return to posts index

Juan Gómez Martín
on Oct 30, 2010 at 8:53:33 am

Would FCP's VoiceOver tool work if I would provide video signal (by, say, keeping our BetaSP deck on, feeding the DL Studio 2 video inputs with black)?

Return to posts index

Andy Robertson
on Aug 6, 2013 at 7:46:58 pm

What do I need to buy to deliver a "stable black video signal" so that I can record voice over only through my Decklink Studio Card. Can you point me to a suitable & affordable product? Also, what cable should I attach it to on the breackout cable?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]