FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony SRW5500-Blackmagic Decklink 6.8.8-FCP problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cee chan
Sony SRW5500-Blackmagic Decklink 6.8.8-FCP problems
on Mar 12, 2009 at 3:54:40 pm

Hi,
Trying to capture an HDCAM 1080 59.94i tape using a Sony SRW5500 deck to FCP 6 using Blackmagic Decklink 6.8.8 at HDTV 59.94 ProRes compression.
I can see and hear video through the video monitor, and have device control, but when i try and capture, FCP capture screen goes black and it does not capture anything, although FCP says (in the text below the window) that it is capturing and there is no error message or crash. I tried with all different 59.94 capture settings with same results. Could this be the result of a Blackmagic configuration issue?

I am a novice with this equipment and greatly appreciate your advice!

Return to posts index

Dino Sanacory
Re: Sony SRW5500-Blackmagic Decklink 6.8.8-FCP problems
on Mar 12, 2009 at 4:40:23 pm

Have you actually let a capture finish, even just a short test? Do this and see if the resulting file gives you what you what. It is possible that the window on the computer screen would go black to dedicate the processing power required to draw that image to the act of capturing.

Return to posts index

cee chan
Re: Sony SRW5500-Blackmagic Decklink 6.8.8-FCP problems
on Mar 12, 2009 at 4:57:10 pm

i have not let it finish a clip- i let it try for about 20 min before canceling (i was trying to capture one huge 87 min clip). Is it common for the capture window not to display video when capturing in this setup? I have never seen that in my SD FCP experience. I will try a very short clip this evening when I have access to the deck. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]