FORUMS: list search recent posts

3.0 Audio Problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerardo Moreno
3.0 Audio Problems
on Mar 11, 2009 at 4:16:21 pm

Hello,

I have an Intensity Pro. I didn't have any problems capturing with an Xbox 360 until I upgraded the drivers to 3.0, now I dont get any audio, the video is perfect, but no audio. I tried capturing with Media Express and Premiere Pro 4.0.1 with no luck.

I tried everything I can think of, any tips?

Thanks a lot.

I have an Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.5 ghz, 4gb ram, 2x500gb HD.

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
Re: 3.0 Audio Problems
on Mar 11, 2009 at 6:02:30 pm

Are you using the Components and RCA audio? Have you made sure on your blackmagic decklink driver settings that it is using the correct audio in?

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Gerardo Moreno
on Mar 11, 2009 at 6:48:12 pm

Hi, I forgot to say, I'm trying with a HDMI cable, works fine except the audio. I connected the Xbox via component and the video and audio work, but i prefer to use the HDMI.

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
on Mar 13, 2009 at 11:55:15 am

Hi Gerardo

Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable from your XBOX to your TV? Can you confirm that the audio is definitely being output over HDMI?

Also, can you please check you capture settings in Blackmagic System Preferences/Control panel and make sure the input selection is set to:

"HDMI Video & HDMI Audio."

How are you monitoring audio from your captured file? Do you have analogue speakers attached?

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Gerardo Moreno
on Mar 13, 2009 at 4:18:24 pm

Hello Callum,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried with 3 different cables with no luck. I tried the cables on the TV and they work fine. The CP preferences are in HDMI Video & Audio, so not sure why isn't working.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to monitor the audio while capturing in Premiere CS4, but when I run the videos they don't have any sound.

I succesfully recorded with the component cables with an Xbox 360, a PS3 and a PS2, so not sure why isn't the audio working now.

On monday it worked perfect, but the next day it stopped working.

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
on Mar 16, 2009 at 9:38:45 am

Hi Gerardo

From when your system worked to when it suddenly stopped working, did anything change in your system setup, workflow or configuration?

ie did you update any drivers, Windows updates, changed source etc?

At this stage, it may be best to contact the dedicated Blackamgic support office for your region, as it may be your card will need to be inspected to check it is functioning correctly. Where about are you based?

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/contact/

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]