FORUMS: list search recent posts

dropped frames

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Johnson
dropped frames
on Mar 6, 2009 at 4:41:36 pm

I use native HDV I also have a quad core system with a RAID. But when I drop in a transistion in Premiere pro (under the black magic settings) it drops frames.It doesnt do that under the normal presets. 1. Is it because im not using your captured files? 2. Is there a way to tell Premiere not to stop at a dropped frame?

Thanks
Randy

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
Re: dropped frames
on Mar 6, 2009 at 7:28:34 pm

I also have problems with dropped frames. I'm using PP CS3. No one in this forum has ever helped me with any issues I've had. I suggest calling Blackmagic directly.

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Mar 7, 2009 at 1:28:04 am

I am giving up on Premiere and BM when I call them they keep insisting that their card doesnt effect anything yet when I use there presets it drops frames on the simplest of effects (1 second slide) I have a quad 2.4 with a Lacie RAID. If I dont use their preset it all works fine. the bad part is if I try and render the effect that doesnt playback it crashes.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Mar 8, 2009 at 8:07:37 am

Hi.

Have you considered that this effect might need to be rendered?
I assume there was a setting for that in premiere if to render and what format to use.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
on Mar 12, 2009 at 2:31:48 am

Yep

I have noticed the same issue.

HDV works fine in a native project, or in a SD project set to scale to frame size, but not in BM.

I believe it is because the HDV is 1440x1080 anamorphic HD, where as the BM projects are full 1920x1080, so there is some serious re-scaling going on.

This is just a guess of course as I have not gone into it too deeply. Too Busy to do any R&D.

Maybe BM could provide us with an HDV preset to fix this issue?

Cheers

Brett

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Mar 19, 2009 at 12:40:43 pm

I finally got and answer from a integrator. Its that when Premiere plays back its a scaled back preview so it has no problem with RT. When it comes through the intensity, its full rez full screen so it needs more horsepower. I dont know why BM couldnt tell me that.I have a quad 2.5 with 4 gigs of memory my computers weak spot is a 8400 video card. I dont know what spec I need to improve to get RT I almost have it now.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Micah Wolf
on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:05:41 pm

Randy did this work for you? Explain in more detail if you can please I am having major issues with drop Frames

Thank you
Micah

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Apr 15, 2009 at 5:06:08 pm

Unfortunatly Adobe with BM requires ALOT of horspower more than I have although the new drivers has an option to turn off dropped frames so you may want to give that a try. The more I play with it the more instability I come across the more I realize I should just use Edius with a Spark card which works perfectly right out of the box. So I am selling my Intensity Pro board and my fancy Adobe Keyboard. Good luck.

Randy

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]