FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD not giving HD

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john Steventon
Decklink HD not giving HD
on Mar 5, 2009 at 9:13:42 am

Hey folks.

I've got a Final Cut Pro system with a Decklink HD card circa 2005 that after a clean install of OSX and drivers, won't output in HD anymore. I can get SDI out of it, not not HD.

I was just wondering if there was anyone on here that knew of limitations of OS v decklink drivers for Mac that might cause the problem.

I've got two partitions. 1 has 10.4 running Final Cut Studio 1 (5.1) and the drivers for the decklink card are 5.6.2 - but no HD. The other one is OS 10.5.6 running Final Cut Studio 2 (6.0.5) and the latest drivers. Still no HD.

Does anyone know what might be happening? I'm working on an HD project - and kinda need the output!! Video/sequence/output settings are all correct, and it's not set to down-convert in the preferences. And, as I said, before I (now regrettably) reset the machine, it all worked fine.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

John Steventon.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Decklink HD not giving HD
on Mar 5, 2009 at 1:50:31 pm

Did you change Macs at all? What slot is the card in? Are you able to get HD video desktop when in the finder? Try Blackmagic Deck Control application, any luck outputting HD with that app?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

John Steventon
on Mar 5, 2009 at 2:11:58 pm

Hi Kristian,

Thanks very much for the reply.

1) It's the same Mac, 2.7Ghz Dual processor PPC, that worked before
2) The card is in second from bottom. (Fibre channel top, Airport card second, Decklink 3rd, video card bottom.)
3) Do you mean will it ouput an extended desktop to my HD monitor in HD? No - it'll only give me 720 x 576pal and 720x486 NTSC as the options for sizes on that monitor.
4) Deck control application doesn't work either I'm sad to say. Just outputs in SDI.

Tried installing/reinstalling drivers again, just in case, but no joy. Though oddly, when I uninstall the Blackmagic and Decklink drivers, and re install with an older version, it still says there's a newer version already installed.

BTW - not even going near the Multibridge. I plug it in once in a while, just to check if that's the error, but no luck there either, so I just leave it out of the chain for the time being, so it the connection is direct from decklink to monitor.

Thanks very much for the reply though - any other thoughts?

John Steventon
JKL Editing
http://www.jklediting.com
"Success is merely a failure to imagine more..."

Return to posts index

John Steventon
on Mar 5, 2009 at 7:45:44 pm

Oh dear....

Next time someone asks you to defien irony, use this example please. The thought occured to me after replying to that last post, that the one thing that's different between pre-reset G5 and now is that I added the airport card.

I was going to remove it once the suite was installed anyway, as I don't like having edit suites online (viruses yes, but also a distraction) - however, as it wasn't working, I needed to be online to download drivers, post in here, work out what was wrong etc etc.

So - the thing I was using to find out what was bust, WAS what was bust! I whipped out the card, reinstalled the latest drives, et voila - HD filled my monitor.

Thanks for your help - had you not asked me to break it down, I'd have never have thought of that as a problem/solution.

John Steventon
JKL Editing
http://www.jklediting.com
"Success is merely a failure to imagine more..."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]