FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 Driver Support for Windows Released

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Lam
CS4 Driver Support for Windows Released
on Mar 5, 2009 at 5:43:53 am

Hi guys,

Just dropping a note to let you know that CS4 drivers to support Adobe CS4 for DeckLink, Multibridge and Intensity was just posted on our software downloads page.

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/software/

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
Re: CS4 Driver Support for Windows Released
on Mar 5, 2009 at 7:05:00 am

Kristian,

Congratulation!

Return to posts index

Achilleas Thessalos
on Mar 5, 2009 at 8:06:22 am

Congratulation!x3
Good job

DeckLink HD Extreme
Intensity Pro
Broadcast Converter

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
on Mar 5, 2009 at 12:08:37 pm

Okay, great news we finally get drivers, however, bad news I have now totally lost audio output!!! Working fine before drivers and now nothing, checked audio output settings inside of Pro. Anyone else able to confirm this? I've emailed support already.

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Mar 5, 2009 at 3:55:36 pm

I guess what I wonder is if they were waiting for a Adobe update to release them and it has'nt come out yet. How good can these drivers be?

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
on Mar 5, 2009 at 11:43:29 pm

I got sound working, I had to change the audio output settings from blackmagic as well as player setting from black magic to adobe player and I got sound back hope this helps someone else.

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Mar 6, 2009 at 3:24:27 pm

"I got sound working, I had to change the audio output settings from blackmagic as well as player setting from black magic to adobe player and I got sound back hope this helps"

It totally does. I had this problem in prerelease as well. It defaults to the blackmagic in and outs. If you have the XLR in/outs connected to a mixer or other output solution, you should be fine, but if you have a hybrid of pc sound card and blackmagic, you won't be.

Also:

There is not a "Blackmagic Audio" input for recording in the windows control panel. I thought there was one before, am I misremembering? I could have sworn that I had set my input to blackmagic audio at some point and recorded audio from soundforge with that mic input. Am I smoking something?

If it was removed, it would be a nice feature to have.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Mar 6, 2009 at 4:02:48 am

[Randy Johnson] "I guess what I wonder is if they were waiting for a Adobe update to release them and it has'nt come out yet. How good can these drivers be?
"

Randy,

We've worked around it.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Troy Murison
on Mar 6, 2009 at 6:55:21 am

Great news Kristian! May I ask about drivers for Mac OS? I see they're still at 6.8.8 on the decklink download area. Are you close? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,

-Troy Murison
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on Mar 6, 2009 at 9:48:42 am

Great news but

1- did this new driver is stable with CS4 ?
2- did this driver solved the old problem with Decklink Extreme PCI and 4G ram issue with Vista 64 under CS4 ?
3- did this driver has this problem which described in this post
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/870359

can't test the new driver because I am in med project, I appreciate any answer for this questions

thanks

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on Mar 9, 2009 at 1:15:31 am

can I get any answer from any one test the new driver

thanks

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:09:40 am

Yasser,

I haven't experienced any error like that, though you may want to send emails to support@ blackmagic. They could help you if you still have that issue.

Tracy Peterson

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:11:23 am

Also, I'll go back over to your other thread and see if I can test specific case. Were you able to reproduce that error on a new project? One generated in the current install, with other footage, similar edits? If so, you could list the steps so other people could test it with you to check.

Tracy Peterson

Return to posts index

George Sey
on Mar 15, 2009 at 3:58:22 am

I installed the intensity update and CS4 crashes on the DV preset. Even CS3 does not do better. Now back to 2.1 Anybody had a similiar problem?

Return to posts index

Jack Kelly
on Mar 26, 2009 at 5:51:13 pm

"I installed the intensity update and CS4 crashes on the DV preset. ... Anybody had a similiar problem?"

Yes, I get the same problem! If I have a DV projector (or a desktop project) and I try to output video to my Decklink Video display then PPro CS4 crashes as soon as I click "ok" on the settings. Not good.

====================
Jack Kelly
London
Dir / Prod / Camera
Jack-Kelly.com - my homepage
====================

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on Mar 9, 2009 at 11:57:36 am

Hi Tracy

thank you for replay,

I have already sent an email to support@ blackmagic before I post my problem here but I don't get any answer

I explain my problem again here http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/870506 my be I can get a help

for driver V7 I want to ask, Can be trusted ? is it stable ?
I read a feedback about it from user in Adobe and DVi forums that this driver is not stable, and here there is no any feedback about this new driver, Is it the time to switch to CS4 or must wait for Adobe update ?

thanks

Return to posts index

Mihail Angelov
on Mar 9, 2009 at 11:21:49 pm

I'v tested v.7 driver yesterday on CS4, but I had a problem with the sound.
I have a project with 2 sequnces inside- one is BMD based (10bit,PAL BMD) and second one is DV based. So from the BMD sequnce I couldnt output sound to my speakers, but from DV sequence everything was OK. I'v changed to Premiere Pro output in "Audio Hardware" and to Adobe Player in "Player" section too...still no sound from the BMD sequence.

mihail angelov

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Mar 9, 2009 at 11:30:18 pm

You do have the audio out coming from the Blackmagic card, right? Also, have you made sure your outputs are correct in the blackmagic control panel settings? I had this problem for a bit, but it was due to the fact I was using my audio card as output and not the Blackmagic card's outputs.<

Tracy Peterson

Return to posts index

MIHAIL ANGELOV
on Mar 10, 2009 at 11:15:49 am

I have Ppro cs3 on the same computer and it output sound from a BMD project trough my computer audio card, but from cs4 it wont. I'm 99% sure that I checked everything, but still no output.

PS: Tracy there is nothing in the BMD control about audio output.

mihail angelov

Return to posts index

Igor Babic
on Mar 18, 2009 at 6:47:10 pm

With BMD Decklink SD Extreme PCIx on CS3 and xp64 you cant have more than 2GB of ram. Card or driver want start or install drivers. Can anyone confirm that this is solved with this release of drivers and cs4?

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
Re: CS4 Driver Audio Problems
on Mar 19, 2009 at 12:37:51 am

Seems I spoke to soon when I thought I fixed audio playback. Works for source clip but nothing for sequence... :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]