FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output to DVCProHD from FCP

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ray combs
Output to DVCProHD from FCP
on Mar 5, 2009 at 12:57:51 am

Hopefully the post gurus on this list can help me with this issue.

I have a program that was shot in HDV720p30 using the JVC GY-HD110. I used a DTE for footage acquisition and have posted the entire project in FCP 6. My Hardware is a Mac Pro Quad Core with 4GB Ram.

The project and sequence was set up as HDV 720p 30 and the final edit was kept in this format. Everything fine up to this point. Now I need to get it to tape.

I just got the Black Magic Decklink HD extreme card and installed it with no problems.

The issue I am having now is trying to output to DVC PRO HD Tape. The program is 25:40 long and I am using the Panasonic 1200 deck to record to. I have already found out that I can not edit to tape with the 1200 (which is a whole other issue in trying to get my program to start at TC 01:00:00:00!)

My end product needs to be a DVCPRO HD 720p 60 tape. I have tried multiple sequence settings and video output settings and have not been able to find a combination that will work. When I use the 1280x720p60 8bit uncompressed setting, I get an error in FCP that my drives are not fast enough even though I am using a 3 Drive internal SATA raid that speed test is reading at 174MB/s. From what I found, this should be fast enough.

What am I missing? I am pulling out my hair with this!!!

Thanks,

-Ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]