FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Decklink Studio - SDI embedded audio issue.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lanes
New Decklink Studio - SDI embedded audio issue.
on Feb 27, 2009 at 10:26:51 am

Hi,

I would like to raise an issue I have been having with the new BM Decklink Studio cards.

My setup is a new Mac Pro OSX 10.5.6, FCP 6.0.5 and Quicktime 7.6. The Blackmagic Decklink drivers I am using are 6.8.8 (although I have also tried the 6.8.7 drivers as well).

My issue is that when I attempt to capture uncompressed SD footage via the SDI connection, the embedded audio is peaking on channels 3/4, which is bleeding into the main mix (even when the channels are deselected, and I am only outputting audio via channels 1/2). It appears to be producing a repetitive 'clicking' noise on these channels.

There appears to be no way of reducing this peaking, and it is clearly visable on all the audio metres within FCP.

The HD-SDI embedded audio is perfectly fine, which makes it all the more odd. Analogue audio is also ok. Also, downconverting from HD to SD using the Decklink Prefs is fine.

I have tried two Decklink Studio cards and tried them in an older Mac Pro with a similar spec but with the same outcome.
I have also tried a different SD-SDI source.

I am wondering if anyone else has experience similar with this input, or if Blackmagic can tell me if this is a known bug.

Thanks
Sam

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: New Decklink Studio - SDI embedded audio issue.
on Feb 28, 2009 at 9:10:22 am

Hi. It seems to me if it is not from settings etc the it might be the actual unit you use. Can you ask another unit form your reseller for testing ?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Sam Lanes
Re: New Decklink Studio - SDI embedded audio issue.
on Feb 28, 2009 at 2:01:28 pm

HI Margus,

Thanks for the response. I have tried this on two units with the same result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]