FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Decklink Extreme PCI driver and Vista 32

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yasser Amin
Problem with Decklink Extreme PCI driver and Vista 32
on Feb 23, 2009 at 11:03:16 pm

Hi

I decide to upgrade my old system Supermicro P4SCT+II to Asus P5Q Deluxe and windows Vista 32 SP1 with last driver Decklink Extreme PCI 6.8.8 and get a strange problem

when I put a transition between 2 clips and get the usual message "insufficient media. the transition will contain repeated frames" and when try to render preview, I get error "Error compiling movie. Unknown error."
if I scrub over the transition I can see the effect until to the end of the first clip and get freezing last frame of the first clip until reach to the end of the transition then I can see the second clip

I try Quicktime 7.5.5 and Quicktime 7.4.5 get the same problem
I try Windows XP 32 SP3 and get the same problem

I try to downgrade the Decklink driver to the previous version and get the same problem even arrived to decklink driver version 6.7.2 which working and render the preview without any error message
the problem to using the Decklink driver 6.7.2, when I close premiere it still running in the back ground and not close although the interface is closed and can't launch it again until I close it throw end processes "Ctrl+Alt+Del", with latest driver the premiere close without any problem

All my video clip is rendered from TGA series image using uncompressed BMD 8bit codec

My system
Decklink Extreme PCI + Asus P5Q Deluxe + Q6600 2.4Mhz + 4G ram + Gforce 9800GT
Vista 32 SP1 + Premiere Pro 3.2

any help in this problem ?
and which driver I can use with Decklink Extreme PCI under Visa 32 without any problem

thanks

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
Re: Problem with Decklink Extreme PCI driver and Vista 32
on Feb 27, 2009 at 10:59:19 am

Hi

any help for this problem

thanks

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on Mar 9, 2009 at 11:34:19 am

Hi

again I will explain my problem may be I can get a help for this problem with my Decklink Extreme PCI

This is my workflow

1- Create new project in premiere from Blackmagic presets PAL 8Bit YUV 4X3
2- Import sequence TGA (720X576 24bit)
3- Export movie to Avi using the default setting (Blackmagic Compiler - Blackmagic 8-Bit 4:2:2 codec 720X576)
4- Create new Project with Blackmagic presets PAL 8Bit YUV 4X3
5- Import all Avi created from step 3 and begin editing
6- when I try to add any None Blackmagic RT transition (premiere transition) between 2 Avi without drag the tail of Clip 1 back and drag the head of Clip 2 foreword to get room to the transition between the two clips and get usual message "insufficient media. the transition will contain repeated frames" like in picture 1
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8115/picture1q.jpg

if I scrub over the transition I can see the effect until to the end of the first clip (half of the transition) and get freezing for the last frame of the first clip until reach to the end of the transition then I can see the second clip, and if I try to render the effect I get the error message "Error compiling movie. Unknown error.", if I try to play back, some times the premiere get serious error and freezing

7- if I slide the transition to left like in picture 2 every thing be alright and can render and play back without rendering the effect without any problem
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1476/picture2q.jpg

8- if I slide the effect to right like in picture 3 I get all error abouve and can't render the effect or play back
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8491/picture3y.jpg

9- with the RealTime transition that blackmagic support like Additive Dissolve, Cross Dissolve, Dip to Black, Dip to White, there is no problem in play back but if I deactivate Real Time render in Decklink Playback Settings applet and get the red line above the Dissolve transition area in the time line, I get all the errors I described before from rendering and play back

I try all Decklink driver with this workflow and get the same errors with all drivers accept driver version 6.7.2 it's working very will with all transitions and can render the transition and can play back without rendering transition

finaly I notice that the driver can't repeat the last frame in the first clip but can repeat the first frame in second clip

I try Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP1 and get the same errors
I try QuickTime V7.5.5 and V7.4.5 and get the same errors
I try my Stripped video HD and WD 500G single HD for import and export and get the same errors

if I create new project with premiere presets and without Blackmagic Decklink Playback with the same clips, every thing go stable and there is no any errors

PS: I test the last driver V7 and get the same error

My System
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Q6600 2.4 GHz
4GB ram 2 X Kingston KHX8500AD2_2G
Geforce 9800GT 1G ram GigaByte GV-N98TOC-1GH
WD 80G HD for System
WD 500G HD for Data backup
3 X 300G HD Segate Stripped from windows no Hardware raid using (my old Stripped Video hard drives from my old system SuperMicro P4SCT +II)
fresh install for Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP1
Premiere pro 3.2
No addition programs or premiere plugins

thanks

Return to posts index

winsly rathnasekera
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:30:20 pm

hi Yasser,

I was having the same problem in my machine...I do not not whether it is bug or not...but I myself found a solution for this ..you can also try this and see..
this problem occur if you have imported a video file which is having the Audio ..in the same file..... just check you have imported a file like that.... one of my friend at office given me his rendered file to me to edit ..i just put those things and tried to render those ..bu i was unable to do that....So i re import all those clips into after effect and rendered it with the Audio ....after that solved the problem. I think blackmagic audio drivers crashes other audio codecs....you do this and see ... if this was ok to you please remind me to winslyh@gmail.com

tnz
Winsly

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
on Apr 9, 2009 at 2:24:52 am

Hello Winsly

I am very grateful because of your interest in my problem and I appreciate your tips to solve it

I switched to CS4 and with new Decklink driver V7 the problem is gone, but I will save it in my mined for future may be get the same problem with CS4

PS: I just test the new Decklink driver V7.1 and solve some problems with CS4 that if you use it

regards
Yasser

Return to posts index

winsly rathnasekera
Help : Decklink Extreme PCI with CS4
on Apr 20, 2009 at 5:15:13 pm

hi yasser

I saw your comment
"I just test the new Decklink driver V7.1 and solve some problems with CS4 that if you use it "

I need to know your configuration of CS4 with
Decklink extreme PCI card ?????

Needed Details
Decklink Extreme Pct Driver version
premiere cs4 version
operation system

I am having trouble with configuring Cs4 with
Blackmagic decklink PCI card with Os

If anyone knows how to configure this....please inform me...

Thanking you
Winsly

Return to posts index

Yasser Amin
Re: Help : Decklink Extreme PCI with CS4
on Apr 21, 2009 at 11:47:31 pm

Hi Winsly

CS4 PRODUCTION PREMIUM with last update: Premiere CS4 V4.0.1, Adobe Media Encoder V4.0.2.002
Decklink driver V7.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]