FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pro/Eclipse - COLD-swap

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oli da Costa
Multibridge Pro/Eclipse - COLD-swap
on Feb 21, 2009 at 12:40:53 pm

Hi, I'm trying to find out/work out, whether it is possible to buy a single Multibridge device and use it on two systems - one PC, one Mac.

Basically, I use these two workstations day in, day out for a variety of tasks - some which can't be done on the other - and need to be able to output video from both systems, without having to copy files across from one to the other and convert them for playout. Both systems are compatible with the Multibridge products (which I don't currently own), but I really don't want to have to buy 2 Multibridges and would rather have the Blackmagic mini PCIe card in each and simply swap-over the Multibridge via the cable as and when I needed (a cold-swap, obviously).

From the looks of things, the mini PCIe card is a dead simple PCB, and I can't imagine why these wouldn't be available separately (in case of damage, etc), which would make my life a whole lot easier and a darn sight cheaper!

I know that Multibridges can be operated as a standalone converters, so I can't see any issues with compatibility/software/firmware if swapping between systems...they are, after all, dual platform compatible!

I can't be the first person to ask this, can I? Any ideas?

Oli da Costa
Fraktiv Post Production
London W1

Return to posts index

Oli da Costa
Re: Multibridge Pro/Eclipse - COLD-swap
on Feb 21, 2009 at 1:59:10 pm

Doh! Is this what I'm looking for: BMD-1PCIESLCAB

http://www.onevideo.co.uk/adapter-pcie-4l-slot-to-pcie-cable-p-114.html

...there I go, answering my own posts again.

Could someone please confirm?

Oli da Costa
Fraktiv Post Production
London W1

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 25, 2009 at 12:10:31 am

Hi Oli,

Yes, the adapter and PCIe cable can be purchased as an additional part so you can move your Multibridges between systems easily.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Oli da Costa
on Feb 25, 2009 at 10:26:11 am

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for the confirmation!

Regards, Oli

Oli da Costa
Fraktiv Post Production