FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manufacturing problems at BMD?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Posada
Manufacturing problems at BMD?
on Feb 18, 2009 at 2:31:29 pm

I own a Multibridge Pro. One month after I bought it I had to send it back to BMD in the USA. They sent a new one. The problem was that I had to pay all shipping costs, plus a huge import tax here in my country. Now for the first time scince I bought the card I am trying to output a monitoring signal out of the HDMI port, to no avail. I have checked in this forum for an answer and most of the people that had the problem sent their cards back for an exchange for a new one because it was faulty. I have sent BMD support but get no answer. Could someone please help me. May be I am setting up things wrong. I hate to think my card is defective.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
Re: Manufacturing problems at BMD?
on Feb 18, 2009 at 2:49:34 pm

Good luck getting help from BM. They are very neglectful of thier customers. I own a Multibridge Pro, and they NEVER answer my questions. I feel your pain.

Return to posts index

Matt Stalker
on Feb 18, 2009 at 7:17:06 pm

Althought I'm generally happy with my Multibridge (our company has lots of 'em), we have experienced at least 3 or 4 "bad" units which we sent back and had replaced. That's over 50% of just the units we own...Yes, I believe they have some manufacturing problems.

(( ms ))

Matt Stalker
Center City Film & Video
mstalker@ccfv.com

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
on Feb 19, 2009 at 4:56:40 pm

What is happening with them? I used to get emails back right away, but past couple of emails I didn't get any answer and I don't see any of the Blackmagic members responding to the questions here.

I hope they are okay and keep making highly valuable products with great price.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 20, 2009 at 5:21:13 am

Hi Aaron,

I've checked with our support crew and we did receive an email support request from you last week and there was some correspondence back and forth. Are you not receiving your emails? If so, kindly contact them again in case they've got your email typed in wrongly or something silly.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 19, 2009 at 11:12:36 pm

Hello, sorry to hear you are having problems with your unit. Normally policy on RMA products is for the customer to pay in and for BMD to pay to get the replacement back out. The exception is countries out of our normal selling region. BMD USA services north and south America. To purchase products in Europe we try to recommend that the distributors in those countries be used.

Obviously there are always reasons and exceptions, and we are always willing to help where we can, but if the product was purchased out of our area, then in this case, yes, the customer is required to pay all shipping.

As for your email, when did you send it? Support can take a day or so to respond, though generally we are really speedy (same day or next).

As for your HDMI output problems I think we might need more details to properly assist you. You can put them here, but one on one would probably be more efficient for this type of issue.

Outside of that, you have my assurances that there are no manufacturing problems at BMD. One thing to keep in mind is the condition in which you received the product...was the box damaged? Sometimes the couriers can be hell on the products.

Anyways, get in touch with us and of course we will do our best to help you out.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
on Feb 20, 2009 at 1:39:59 am

Joshua,

Thank you very much for responding, it's good to see you're around, because I haven't been getting any responses back from Blackmagic lately.

I have sold some units to NHK and NHK related companies and they are all having issues but not getting anywhere (BMDJapan is helping us, thanks to them, but we need little faster to pin point the issue).

I see many others on this forum that are not answered, so can you folks try to take care that? I will try to help on my side to answer unanswered questions if the topic is about how to use the products (especially someting to do with RED ONE and P2).

Let's gain good reputation.

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Feb 21, 2009 at 1:39:30 am

Konnichiwa Kaku - what problems are you having with RED ONE?

I do work with RED and use a Multibridge Eclipse with FCP and it works flawlessly - and yes I do push the limits including integrating XDCAM and HDV in the same project and mastering to HDCAM.

I see many people have problems with RED and FCP mainly because they do not understand the integration.

sayohnara

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
on Feb 21, 2009 at 4:55:54 am

Baz,

My customers issues are aside from my requests to Blackmagic, I see here at the forum some people are having troubles with HDMI, my customer keep on having problems with Panasonic D5 deck connection.

And the part I was talking about RED ONE and P2 is that "I" can help forum members having technical issues because I spend a lot of time working on feature film and TV commercial work so I can share my knowledge in that field because Blackmagic members weren't answering.

I sent a couple of emails to a Blakcmagic member and didn't get replies. I thought they are overwhelmed with support work so I wanted to help.

You can drop in REDUSER and find my post about Multibridge Pro to spare my findings with RED ONE workflow. It really works pretty well with R3D. The top request I have is for Blackmagic to support direct Blackmagic RGB444 output from Color. At this point, DPX out and using Glue Tools with certain setting to back to FCP retains very close gamma appearance. I'm hoping I can directly render out blackmagic RGB444 from Color, so I can use "send to color" menu to go back to FCP, then all the transitions and speed effects applied then master to HDCAMSR. Do you know of any bettet route?

Return to posts index

Andres Posada
on Feb 24, 2009 at 5:01:33 pm

I received an email from Albert Chu,Support Engineer at Blackmagic Design Inc., he suggested using a shorter length HDMI cable, I was using 12 feet. I went to a 6 feet cable and all is working perfectly now. I want to say thanks to Albert for his help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]