FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink SP, what settings?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Bakker
Decklink SP, what settings?
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:10:48 pm

Hi Guys

I'm rather new to the Decklink family and bought a older series Decklink SP to capture analoge (BetacamSP) video.

However I'm lost a bit in the installation.

Installed Windows XP, service pack 3, insert the board and installed drivers Decklink 5.0. This gives me the extended desktop as "second" screen on the YUV output of the Decklink SP. But I can't get any actual video from a AVI file on this output.
What am I doing wrong?

When I installed later drivers, like 6.8 or so, there is a Sync problem and so there is no real picture on the screen at all.

Want to use the board just to capture video with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and maybe later upgrade to CS3. Which driver should I use, and where can I get the proper information, including settings for this board?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Oscar

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Decklink SP, what settings?
on Feb 24, 2009 at 11:57:07 pm

Hi Oscar,

Best approach is to download the user manual located here:

http://blackmagic-design.com/support/documentation/

When you say you don't get any actual video, is this with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0? What kind of AVI file is it?

If you're getting an extended desktop output then the card is working. What could be happening when you install the later drivers is that the output could be in a format that your external monitor does not support. For example, NTSC output to a PAL monitor, Try changing the desktop output resolution and see if that helps.

If you're going to be capturing using Adobe Premiere Pro, then the easiest way is to use the presets we've provided when you install the drivers. These presets should appear when you try and start a new Adobe Premiere Pro project.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Oscar Bakker
Re: Decklink SP, what settings?
on Feb 27, 2009 at 10:12:17 am

Hello Kristian

Thanks for your reply. It seem I installed the wrong drivers, and used the wrong settings.

I installed one of the last versions now and got all the inputs and outputs right. However sometimes the video is displayed about 25 mm moved in horizontal way, but that is more likely the Vistek decoder which I use to display the YUV signal on the composite input of the monitor. Content on the computer screen is fine!

Thanks!

Regards

Oscar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]