FORUMS: list search recent posts

component output from HD decklink extreme to Sony DSR-45p

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben sherriff
component output from HD decklink extreme to Sony DSR-45p
on Feb 18, 2009 at 11:46:42 am

I am having some difficulties in outputting to my deck via the BM HD link extreme card component breakout. Into the system is working fine but I would like to be able to downconvert HDV footage to the deck and a 4:3 SD monitor - not all the time but to downconvert those HDV projects at the end of an edit. I am getting a strobing of the signal when I first select in BM preferences downcovert to letterbox 16:9 the signal is there when I click FCP interface. Then after a few seconds the image from all outputs including SDI begins to strobe or is lost entirely.

I am new to this deck - but I figure it should work. Is this relating to ref input of the Sony Deck? My Blackmagic breakout cable only has a ref in, but the deck has both in and out. I've tried a kramer blackburst generator (connected to ref in of deck) but this doesn't seem to have done anything...

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: component output from HD decklink extreme to Sony DSR-45p
on Feb 25, 2009 at 12:01:12 am

Hi Ben,

What format is your HDV sequence? 1080? 720? What framerate is it?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

ben sherriff
Re: component output from HD decklink extreme to Sony DSR-45p
on Feb 26, 2009 at 12:07:52 pm

Hi Kristian,

I have solved this issue now thank you. The seq was a 1080 50i one that I wanted to downcovert using the component outs of the breakout cable. This I have achieved - the image strobing was being caused by my attempting to connect a ref in signal from the deck.

I have had a nightmare trying to connect the UVW-1800p Betacam deck in the same way a few weeks previous.... So I had assumed I would need ref with the DSR-45p as well...

I do still have a question relating to downcoversion though - how do I achieve split down conversion where I can monitor in HD SDI on my cinema display (with HD LINK) and then in SD Letterboxed or 16:9 on my component outs? Does this require dual link SDI?

Many thanks,

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]