FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Set black ref on SDI video out in capture' greyed out?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian McGuffie
'Set black ref on SDI video out in capture' greyed out?
on Feb 13, 2009 at 2:04:36 am

Running Vista64 with HD Extreme.Outputting to Digibeta.
We are getting picture sync problems when we are grabbing/outputting off a Digibeta VTR. When we used to use our Decklink 'standard' cards, we could stop the picture jumping by ticking the 'Set black ref on SDI video out in capture' box, but with our new HD Extremes, this feature is greyed out.
Basically the Digibeta is trying to sync to a loopbacked signal (the same signal it is sending out), which we used to be able to stop. Any work arounds?

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
Re: 'Set black ref on SDI video out in capture' greyed out?
on Feb 15, 2009 at 9:18:22 am

I have vista x64 and the checkbox isn't grayed out, so I'm gonna ask the usual:
Are you using latest drivers?
Have you tried uninstalling/installing the drivers?

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
Re: 'Set black ref on SDI video out in capture' greyed out?
on Feb 16, 2009 at 11:03:14 pm

Curious, as this is not greyed out in the 32 bit version. Also, there is a reference timing slider now.

We have had the same issues with DVCpro

There a few ideas. Normally we loop one of the outputs back into the sync cource BNC on the back of the Tape deck. That has worked in the past.

The other, and this will get a few laughs....and possibly erode my credibility...is we have used an old XBOX 1 as a sync source for everything. Yes, that's right, the Xbox way lying around, so we gave it a go, and it worked fine. So fine in fact, before we moved last Nov, it was the sync source for almost 4 years. And XBOX 1's are much cheaper than a blackburst generator, plus they have other uses...unlike a blackburst generator.

For those of you contemplating this idea..don't bother with a gamecube...they don't work....why....no idea...and we didn't try the PS2.

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]