FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM10-bit 444 from R3D in Color

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaku Ito
BM10-bit 444 from R3D in Color
on Feb 11, 2009 at 6:47:56 am

Hello,

Multibridge Pro is great for the money and I've been recommending to customers who needs 4:4:4 editing, especially for folks with RED ONE footage.

Multibridge Pro works mostly fine, but only limitation which missing the link is that in Apple Color, you can't choose to export as blackmagic 10-bit 4:4:4 from native R3D.

Maybe Blackmagic folks didn't think there's not much problem since blackmagic 10-bit 4:4:4 out of FCP to Color then back to FCP works with selecting "original format" but in case of grading native R3D in Apple Color, there's no other way to output blackmagic 10-bit 4:4:4 directly from Apple Color.

Can BMD hack this and make this work?

Return to posts index

Vico Martin
Re: BM10-bit 444 from R3D in Color
on Feb 19, 2009 at 6:06:59 pm

This would be great. My local BM-AJA vendor told me the next generation decklink and Multibridge would resolve this and suport for any "K" resolution native.

Will see. From here I claim with you for a sofware update from BM!!

Thanks for your monitor-MXO test post in Reduser, I use a Decklink to AJA SDItoHDMI and a 50" Pionner and goes fine last year.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
Re: BM10-bit 444 from R3D in Color
on Feb 20, 2009 at 1:23:16 am

Hi Vico,

The issue could be resolved with Apple updating the Color proper way, but I want to know what the BMD's plan or forcast is like for this because if not, then I might have to recommend Kona 3 to my customers.

But resolution free multibrdige would be great. Eclipse price went down whole a lot so I was expecting something to come up.

Let me know if you hear something more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]