FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Audio Level Question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naiche Lujan
Newbie Audio Level Question
on Feb 6, 2009 at 6:18:45 pm

I just hooked up my DeckLink Studio card and tried importing some Betacam footage. But the Audio is coming through way over-modulated.

I'm using Final Cut, but I'm also new to Final Cut, so my question is if there is a way to monitor the levels beforehand or during to make the necessary adjustments. Is the best place to adjust the input levels through the System Preferences-->Decklink-->Audio Levels?

I would imagine this could be done through Final Cut even, but don't know how? Should I be asking this question on the FCP forum?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Newbie Audio Level Question
on Feb 8, 2009 at 4:54:57 pm

buy an analog audio mixer. Behringer makes very good mixers, and you can get a small one to attenuate your analog audio levels from your Beta VTR before it hits your Blackmagic card. These mixers cost between $100 - $200 dollars, and you can use them for all kinds of things, like voiceovers for Microphones.

Is there a way to do this for free -
no.

BobZelin

Return to posts index

Naiche Lujan
Re: Newbie Audio Level Question
on Feb 11, 2009 at 12:02:33 am

thanks bob

Actually, for the record, I did find out how to monitor the audio. It was really simple, but as I am new to FCP, I wasn't aware of the need to check the box for Audio monitoring.

In the Log and Capture dialog, under the Clip Settings tab, you have to check the Preview box under the Audio section.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]