FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Multibridge and a Macbook Pro?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Buer
Blackmagic Multibridge and a Macbook Pro?
on Jan 23, 2009 at 8:44:09 pm

Hi people.

My query is simple.

Can I connect the Blackmagic multibridge to a macbook pro?

I know the MBP has a PCI Express slot, but I'm an unsure as to whether this will work or not, i.e. can the PCI express card supplied with the Multibridge only be installed in desktop computers.

Thankyou for any advice you may have.

Nick

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: Blackmagic Multibridge and a Macbook Pro?
on Jan 24, 2009 at 12:47:58 am

[Nicholas Buer] "can the PCI express card supplied with the Multibridge only be installed in desktop computers."

This is only for a PCIe slot on a desktop Mac or PC.

I think it would be a really nice feature for BMD to develop an ExpressCard adapter for the MacBookPro or even a PC notebook that would interface all their Multibridge products for editing. Interestingly enough it MUST be possible as Matrox do it with their MXO2 where they supply both the PCIe card AND the ExpressCard for either interface.

Maybe Joshua Helling from BMD would care to chime in here....

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

Nicholas Buer
on Jan 24, 2009 at 3:13:27 am

Thankyou for your respone Baz. You have answered my question. But now I am interested into what options I have as a Macbook Pro owner to breakout, as it were , to utilize this setup as a usable, if stopgap, editing suite.

AJA IOHD maybe? this may be intended to be of a more portable device. I intend to upgrade to a Mac Pro at some point in the future, but I want to make sure what I purchase now will be applicable to my future setup

any ideas?

Thankyou for your time.

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Jan 24, 2009 at 8:42:02 pm

I'd go with the AJA. The Multibridge has some basic design and functionality flaws that I've not experienced with the AJA products or older Blackmagic products. Mine is collectling dust after only 5 months.

Primary System Info -
Mac Pro 2x3.2 Quadcore - 10.5.6 - QT 7.5.5 - 14 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro (v6.7)- Open GL 1.5.9 - Wacom Intous2 tablet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]