FORUMS: list search recent posts

When exactly will CS4 Drivers be available?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Baker
When exactly will CS4 Drivers be available?
on Jan 22, 2009 at 1:07:42 am

Any news on a date when the CS4 drivers may be available? It's been very quiet and not much talk about when CS4 will be fully supported by Blackmagic.

I have CS4 and it's 10 times better then CS3, more stable, not had a crash yet. Loads of time saving features such as taking the selected video files on the Premiere timeline direct to After Effects and back.

Matrox have working drivers for CS4 for a while now.

Return to posts index

Craig Howard
Re: When exactly will CS4 Drivers be available?
on Jan 26, 2009 at 1:00:50 am

Call me pessimistic but...I have already consigned my Intensity Pro card to a box of hardware relics (aka 'the box of expensive lost causes')

Worst thing any business can do is ignore existing customers/clients.

Its the "mushroom business principle" - keep them in the dark and feed them "manure".

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CS3 Premiere Pro Production Premium Suite
Windows XP32:Assus P5k Mob,4mb Ram, 1333 fsb
P2 Workflows

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Jan 26, 2009 at 2:21:47 am

Hello Craig,

I just finished editing 9 Student TV Presenter showreels. It's really annoying not to be able to be playing the DV edits out to a Broadcast monitor via the Multibridge Eclipse I have sitting on my desk doing nothing as I am running CS4.

Hopefuly CS4 driver's will be available soon. As I am doing the post production of 2 Super 16mm music video's for the Fashion label Agent Provocateur in London at the end of this month.

I am worried about our work-flow, as we are going to Tele-cine to HD-Cam, and we wnat to hire in a deck them injest the footage from tape into the Blackmagic Multibridge Eclispe via the SDI in-put's into Adobe Premiere pro cs4 then do a run out to HD-Cam after the edit as well.

So I think, maybe to do the off-line on DV RES, then pay for an on-line Avid, we would be mroe then capable of doing the on-line if we had hardware to in-put from the tape deck and abck out again. So it is now costing more money to do an on-line else where. Many people will say just use CS3 un-till there are CS4 driver's.

I have found CS3 to be very buggy, and so far CS4 has been rock solid working all day long editing with no problems. Plus there are loads of time-saver's and work-flow advantages to CS4 as well.

I do not mind waiting for the driver's but it would be good to get a rough idea when they might be available so we can plan post-production work-flow's more suited to when it will be available to run.

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Randy Johnson
on Jan 26, 2009 at 9:48:25 pm

I talked to BMD and they told me the drivers are alomost done they are waiting for a update from Adobe. After it comes the drivers should be VERY close behind.

Randy Johnson
Rando1968@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Brett Kelly
on Jan 26, 2009 at 11:25:05 pm

Yeah they said the same thing back in November, update came and nothing so who knows.....

Return to posts index

Bill Buchanan
on Jan 27, 2009 at 4:01:03 pm

Mr. Kelly:

Better be careful. Comments like that will bring out the lemmings who squealed at me when I criticized BMD for dragging their ass on the CS4 driver issue in a similar thread on Jan. 6. What those little boys apparently don't realize is that criticism--rude or otherwise--helps keep the BMDs on their toes and from slipping into the fat-cat syndrome--that moment of bliss that typically precedes a high-tech organization's plunge into oblivion.

Bill Buchanan
Buchanan Film Co

Return to posts index

GEORGE SEY
on Jan 27, 2009 at 6:03:03 pm

BMD are gradually losing the fight to firewire. They have to declare that "At this time we are unable to support CS4" and plan for CS5 in 2010

Return to posts index

Aristides Tiropolis
on Jan 28, 2009 at 6:13:10 pm

I think you are being overly dramatic.

Let's take a look at the facts:

The fact is that not even AJA or Bluefish444 for that matter have released any CS4 drivers and it has already been discussed here. Do the same things said apply for these companies as well? Are they too plunging into oblivion?
Customers/Professionals know when they should upgrade and that is displayed on the newest drivers section on any manufacturers website. Until then, they can only wait and ask the company for a release estimate. After that there isn't anything anyone can do.
For discussion's sake nor Avid or Apple give any release dates no matter the pleading and nagging and I seem to recall and Avid forum post which lasted more than a year and it regarded 720p 25 support. Avid never released a date and announced repeatedly that is coming...

Adobe by its mistake displayed or implied support for blackmagic cards on the CS4 when it clearly shouldn't.
Turnkey systems were sold with CS4 and BM cards when there were no support. This is I think is partially the resellers' fault for not knowing, Adobe's fault and Blackmagic's for not properly communicating this with resellers.

It's obvious that Adobe has had the major screw up, by releasing a product without any co-operation with its card making partners. All of them.

Return to posts index

Brett Howe
on Jan 29, 2009 at 2:10:59 am

carefull Aristides....Bill will call you a lemming :)

It's all down to adobe at this stage. Update due out at the end of the month...which is about now! Lets cross the fingers.

Brett Howe
Creative Director / Producer
Brave Vision Pty Ltd

Return to posts index

Tracy Peterson
on Jan 31, 2009 at 6:19:45 pm

For the record, BMD won my support when they responded to my posts here and had internal folks help me with cross compatibility issues between mac and PC footage for an urgent project I was on. This wasn't too long ago so I can only imagine that their corporate culture hasn't changed too dramatically for the negative.

I also imagine a lack of communication is because they have nothing to say and can say nothing that will be satisfactory, so choose to remain silent. I personally think that if they really want to rock like rock stars rock they might consider having their drivers out faster, though that is as much the fault of Adobe's as any hardware mfr.'s.

Tracy Peterson
http://www.onetwomany.com

Return to posts index

Tilford Bartman
on Feb 3, 2009 at 9:26:50 pm

If Blackmagic and Cineform can get Intensity and Prospect HD fully functional in 64 bit Vista with Premiere CS4, I will be them right away.

Tilford Bartman

Return to posts index

Tony Faulkner
on Mar 10, 2009 at 8:31:30 am

We installed the new March09 v3 Blackmagic drivers for Intensity Pro three days ago. Still no video output from Premiere CS4. Audio is ok, but it was with the previous drivers. We are running on a Vista Ultimate 64 workstation. Anyone out there with success or with similar difficulties?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]