DeckLink Debacle - Anybody out there?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Normington
DeckLink Debacle - Anybody out there?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 8:55:17 pm

Hi,

I have a brand new MacPro.

I have a brand new BlackMagic-Design DeckLink HD Extreme. When I install the software it causes the MacPro to freeze upon booting up. It freezes before you can log in. I am using the latest 6.8.6 drivers and I have contacted BlackMagic and done a work around that they recomend.... where once you install the drivers you reboot in safe mode and move the decklink startup file out to the desktop and then reboot normally to move it again. the problem is you cannot reboot normally... it freezes up. Same exact result. There are no other third party boards in my machine, There is no apparent hardware conflict,

If I boot up in safe mode and uninstall their software the machine reboots perfectly and works great. the moment I reinstall and perform their work around it hangs up on booting up.

BlackMagic does not offer a money back gaurantee and thre reseller wants a 15% restocking fee.

Is anyone having problems with this card in the latest OSX?

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: DeckLink Debacle - Anybody out there?
on Jan 16, 2009 at 12:09:14 am

Hi Doug,

From your post, it looks like you'd missed a step when attempting the workaround. However, I've had a chat with our support team member whom you'd contacted and I understand that this issue has now been resolved.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]