FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Pro, XDCAM & Dropped Frames

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Cadieux
Multibridge Pro, XDCAM & Dropped Frames
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:02:06 pm

Hello,

OK... So the folks at Blackmagic claim that you can edit XDCAM files natively in Premiere Pro CS3 using the Multibridge Pro. I have some SP 1080i 59.97 footage that I shot with the EX1. I converted the files to mxf files using Sony's Clip Browsing 2.0 software. I then open a Blackmagic 8-bit 59.97i preset project in Premiere. I bring the XDCAM files in successfully. However, if I bring a clip onto the timeline and try to play it, it drops a frame during playback within seconds. What's the deal here?

-Aaron Cadieux

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Multibridge Pro, XDCAM & Dropped Frames
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:11:06 pm

Perhaps the transfer rate of your media drive(s) not keeping up? Just guessing, since I don't use Premiere.

- Don

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Jan 14, 2009 at 8:48:59 pm

Hello Aaron,

I will second Don about your Media drives not keeping up. Are you using a raid 0 hard-drive config with 2 or more drives?

Leo

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 15, 2009 at 1:28:58 am

everyone here is correct. What are your disk drives. If you are using the internal hard drive of your MAC or PC, or are using a FW400 drive, you will FAIL, and get dropped frames, or stuttering playback.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:44:20 pm

An interesting side note. These dropped frames only happen when I try to work with the following:

Motion JPEG in a Blackmagic Motion JPEG Project
HDV in a Blackmagic 8-bit Project

Oddly enough, if I capture 8-bit HD via the SDI out on the EX1 and load it into a Blackmagic 8-bit preset project, the video plays as smooth as silk, and the files I am dealing with in that case are HUGE!

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:41:07 pm

Yes I am using a 2TB RAID 0 Hard Drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]