FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Products from Blackmagic Design

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Lam
New Products from Blackmagic Design
on Jan 8, 2009 at 4:56:24 am

Hi,

We've just announced and shipped 2 new products today. Below is a message from our CEO, Grant Petty, about it.

--------------------

Hi,

We have some exciting new capture cards we have just released today, and I wanted to send you a quick update!

We have worked hard over the last few years to replace our older, standard definition card family with more exciting cards that do both SD and HD. We have done that today and we have two new models that replace our entire range of SD cards.

Introducing DeckLink Studio.

DeckLink Studio is a full 10-bit SDI card that switches between SD and HD, and also has more analog connections than any other card we have released. The reason for this is we wanted a great model that gives HD but also replaces SD cards, so it needs to connect to all the older types of analog equipment too.

This card also has a built in and very high quality hardware down converter that operates in every HD format, and in capture and playback. It can be changed between letterbox, anamorphic and center cut 4:3 modes.

The connections include SD/HD-SDI as well as independent analog component, S-Video and composite connections, plus 4 channels of balanced analog audio, and 2 channels of AES/EBU digital audio. The digital audio has a sample rate converter in the input, and the analog channels 3 and 4 can be changed to AES/EBU outputs so you can get a total of 6 channels of audio out for 5.1 digital surround sound monitoring.

There is also an extra SD only SDI output that outputs via the hardware down converter when you are using HD video formats, or simply an extra SD-SDI output when running in SD. Because the card has a built in internal and external keyer in SD, this SD-SDI output can also output key video.

DeckLink Studio's down converter is always on, so if you are working in HD, the composite, S-Video and SD-SDI outputs are always on and displaying down converted HD video.

We have been asked a lot in the past for more audio channels on our cards, and we have done that with DeckLink Studio. There are still many people who need to access or work with decks such as Betacam SP that have 4 channels of analog audio. Because DeckLink Studio has 4 analog channels, you can capture and play back all these direct to the deck at the same time.

DeckLink Studio also features 1 lane PCI Express so it plugs in to lower cost computers, because computers with 1 lane PCI Express slots are very common worldwide.

DeckLink Studio is shipping now, and available for only $695 or €325.

Introducing DeckLink SDI

DeckLink SDI is a 10-bit SDI card that switches between SD and HD, and includes a reference input for genlock black-burst and tri-sync. DeckLink SDI is designed for when you don't need analog connections because you are connecting into larger SDI based systems, or you are working with digital decks.

DeckLink SDI is perfect for use with SDI routing switchers such as our Broadcast Videohub, and lets you put in lots of creative workstations in large facilities at much lower cost.

DeckLink SDI is shipping now for only US$395 or €325.

These two new models replace our entire range of DeckLink SD cards, and I think the most exciting thing is we have packed much more technology and features into these cards and at hundreds of dollars less than our previous SD cards.

This means it's going to be even easier to keep up with the latest technologies. With the DeckLink Studio model, we make it easy to work with the millions of hours of content on analog broadcast formats. It's been a lot of work to get the costs of HD-SDI technology down to replace SD, but it sure is exciting!

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/decklinkstudio/

Regards,

Grant Petty
Blackmagic Design

----------------------

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: New Products from Blackmagic Design
on Jan 8, 2009 at 5:00:18 am

you guys are crazy.
And I finally got to install the BMD A/D and D/A converters today.
Pretty damn nice.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

George Sey
on Jan 8, 2009 at 7:58:38 am

How about the CS4 support. I am managing PPro 4, nicely with basic firewire, I may soon forget Decklink exist. I am not buying these new cards even if it's a dollar or free

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jan 8, 2009 at 10:25:51 am

Hi George,

Please see this thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/124/870016

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
on Jan 8, 2009 at 10:31:26 pm

It would be even more exciting news. Hearing that Adobe CS4 support is now available.

Return to posts index

Bill Buchanan
on Jan 9, 2009 at 2:49:01 pm

George:

You're precisely correct. I find it hilarious that almost every supplier whether their products be hardware or software has their cadre of lemmings/apologists that squeal whenever someone criticizes that supplier as evidenced by the thread Liam referenced. BMD has theirs as does FCP, Adobe et al. Brand loyalty is one thing, but mindless worship is quite another. If not for noisy, irreverent criticism, there would be no BMD.

Bill Buchanan
Buchanan Film Co

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jan 8, 2009 at 7:43:01 pm

Well, I certainly have to say that the pricing is exciting! I have to agree with Bob, you guys are crazy!

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

James Brill
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:44:55 am

Dang only if the SDI only card had an analog audio output then I would be set with an HDlink as well. I think I'll be able to muster up the cash to get the studio version though.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Jan 15, 2009 at 12:30:06 am

Hi James,

HDLink has 2 channels audio analog output and HDLink Pro has 6. These audio channels are de-embedded from the SDI input. If you're planning to use HDLink as component of your monitoring solution with DeckLink SDI, you'll still be fine :)

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

James Brill
on Jan 15, 2009 at 4:34:51 am

Wow how could I of over looked that. Looks like I'm getting those asap then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]