FORUMS: list search recent posts

only pal capture with intensity pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerard Weemhoff
only pal capture with intensity pro
on Dec 17, 2008 at 2:38:15 pm

I've installed a intensity Pro card on my intel mac pro to use with my sony HVR V1e and Final Cut Pro. (all updated with latest versions) The problem is that I can capture only in Pal format, not 1080i50

anyone a sugestion or solution?

Gerard

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: only pal capture with intensity pro
on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:10:54 pm

Interesting. If you use the video generators and put 1080i50 bars on the timeline, does the footage play out? Also, what easy setup are you using in FCP?

Something you could do as a test as well is try it in our own playback capture app, Media Express. This should help us detirmine if this is simply a setup issue (which I expect it might be).

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Gerard Weemhoff
on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:49:21 pm

Hi Joshua,

The 1080i50 bars are play correct, I used the black magic 1080i50 as installed by the BMD software. I already tried to use the media Express and there I have the same problem. Only the Pal tab gives a picture; as soon as I switch to 1080i50 in preferencespane the picture dissapears.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 17, 2008 at 11:53:18 pm

What device is connected to the card? Is it an HDMI device and specifically what device. There are a few cameras out there that will force themselves to down convert (HCR7 and a few others) when connected to our boards. If this is happening we will have to look closer.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Gerard Weemhoff
on Dec 18, 2008 at 12:12:11 am

What device is connected to the card? Is it an HDMI device and specifically what device. There are a few cameras out there that will force themselves to down convert (HCR7 and a few others) when connected to our boards. If this is happening we will have to look closer.

Joshua,

I'am using an Sony Videocamera HVR V1e with HDMI. When I connect this camera direct (with HDMI) to a Sony Bravia with HDMI its shows 1080i50

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 18, 2008 at 12:31:13 am

Yup...sounds like the same issue. From what I have seen the camera only gets forced to down convert when connected to our card. Generally going to a monitor is fine. Thanks for letting me know the model number. I will see if anyone else has seen this with that camera.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Gerard Weemhoff
on Dec 18, 2008 at 8:22:55 am

Joshua,

some additional information: when capturing in pal mode once I saw in the properties the PAL resolution, now apple i shows no dimensions for the captured QTMovie

KInd regards,

Gerard

Return to posts index

Gerard Weemhoff
on Dec 19, 2008 at 8:30:48 am

Joshua,

do you have a solution to solve this problem? Is it possible this card is faulty? Are there users with a HVRv1e who used succesfully used the intensity pro?

kind regards,

Gerard

Return to posts index

Gerard Weemhoff
Re: only pal capture with intensity pro-still no go
on Dec 23, 2008 at 10:26:31 pm

I have still no go using the intensity pro on a duo core mac, installed with the latest drivers, FCP and a HVR V1e videocamera: I only can capture and output to a sony monitor Pal-resolution.

I also have installed bootcamp with xp: by lauging the capturetool from BMD I got a report: 'serious problem, the project you are working on is probebly not saved etc...'

By launging flash media live encoder, this application said there is no capturedevice. Although the card is regognized by this application.

What do I do wrong.....

Please help

kind regard Gerard

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on Dec 26, 2008 at 9:21:46 pm

I think the reason is because HVR-V1E is a PAL camera.

I am not sure that you can switch it to NTSC, just the way one can do with the HVR-Z1E.

/Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]