FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Card downconvert?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
Intensity Pro Card downconvert?
on Dec 15, 2008 at 10:40:08 pm

Quick question regarding the Intensity Pro card, which I have. If I have a 720p24p sequence in FCP, does this card downconvert to SD and add in pulldown to conform to 29.97? I went in the system prefs and looked around. The Select Output Processing has some options for HD to SD Anamorphic 16:9 but the Down Convert HD to SD option is greyed out. (it said something about needing dual link HD-SDI, does that mean upgrade to the DeckLink to get that)

If the HD to SD Anamorphic 16:9 setting is indeed what I need, I can't find anywhere instructions or hints on how to do so. With this option set, is it just a matter of Exporting to Quicktime option in FCP and selecting the correct Blackmagic codec in SD, such as BM uncompressed 8-bit? Will this add in the necessary pulldown for broadcast standard to 29.97?

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Intensity Pro Card downconvert?
on Dec 17, 2008 at 1:39:02 am

While the down converter does not work well between frame rates (e.g. going 24 -> 29.97) it normally tries to work. Best bet is that you setup with a 720p 59.94 time line and let FCP do the 3:2 pull down. Then turn the down converter on.

But from what you are saying the down converter is not an option at all. Is that right?

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
on Dec 17, 2008 at 3:08:33 am

Right, the down is grey'd out. Unless it just the drop down menu title. But HD to SD 16:9 anamorphic is an option. Will this work? Or is my best bet using compressor and the frame controls to do the frame rate conversion, selecting best for the drop down menu?

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:06:32 pm

Ah...yes. The greyed out bit is just the title. The options are bright below it. So using the HD to SD 16:9 option (anamorphic or letterbox depending on what you want to do with it) will be the right way to go.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]