FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Hoover
Intensity Pro
on Dec 12, 2008 at 4:16:48 pm

I've been searching though the posts and hopefully I won't ask a question that's been answered too many times.

I am planning on building a FCP system, 2.8 octo, with an Intensity Pro card for monitoring. I will also use After Effects,
Montion, DVDStudio, and Photoshop. I don't plan on doing any 23.98/24 stuff. Mostly SD, DV, HDV, DVCPRoHD, and graphics at 29.97 or 59.94.

I'm not looking to ingest or output to tape at this time.
I only want to be able to monitor my work on a LCD monitor (computer or a 46" consumer set).

Is there any latency, lag, or delay for audio to follow video, using HDMI as an output for video and analog audio or Mac audio? My plan was to HDMI video to a monitor, then monitor the audio out of the mac... then I thought about the possibility of delay (lip sync issues).

Also, I have limited knowledge of HDMI. Is it possible to get fairly good color reproduction into a computer monitor with HDMI? If I should need to do some color work, how much can I trust what I see output by the Intensity in HDMI? This is a system for my home office. I work with Kona and Black magic HDSDI Cards at facilities so I'm aware of how they do. I'm hoping the Intensity Pro will give me the ability to work from home with a good level of confidence and productivity.

Thanks in advance. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and jump in. I've read mixed results on several scenarios, but I wanted to put mine out there and see if I'm on target or if I need to redo my plans.

-bh

-bh

Return to posts index

paul patton
Re: Intensity Pro
on Dec 14, 2008 at 3:58:50 am

So far from what I'm finding Its not compatible with Final Cut Studio 2. I have yet to get it to work with FCP6 or Premiere CS4. And also am not getting any response from their technical support.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: Intensity Pro
on Dec 15, 2008 at 10:53:13 pm

I'm currently running this card and love it. I monitor out to a consumer TV as well but the color is not good. I would suggest a good LCD broadcast monitor. I do not trust my output to my 37" TV. Its only there for playback, broadcast and title safe as well as my client monitor.

My audio is run through a Mackie 1202 and has been perfect. No sync issues. Although you will need to set the Frame Offset to about 4 under System settings, Playback control. I think BM tells you 7, but that was off for me. I recommend a good set of powered speakers like M-Audio.

HDMI is more a consumer plug which I think converts your YUV color to RGB or vise versa. Not sure which. If I were you, I'd use the component outs to a broadcast monitor for accurate color. HDMI and a consumer TV is not a good idea for color corrections or grading.

Hope this helps.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]