FORUMS: list search recent posts

intensity pro sd output during hd capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hames
intensity pro sd output during hd capture
on Dec 8, 2008 at 7:29:27 pm

I'm using Intensity Pro to capture HD material directly from a Sony V1U--bascially, I'm using my Mac as an HD recorder. I have a Sony SD Broadcast monitor connected to the component cables. During capture through Final Cut Pro, my SD monitor shows a totally wacked out image--as it it's not getting proper sync. If I play back a captured clip (after closing the capture window) it plays and shows fine.

My assumption is that the Intensity can't down-convert to SD during capture, only during playback. Can someone please confirm this?

I was thinking of changing my workflow to include Conduit Live--it's a greenscreen project and having a key preview on set would be invaluable, but if Intensity can't play out to SD monitors during capture, there's no point.

Thanks for your help.

RED Balloon Entertainment

films and other visual enticements™

http://www.balloonballoon.com

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: intensity pro sd output during hd capture
on Dec 10, 2008 at 6:48:24 am

Hi David,

You assumption is correct. Intensity Pro will down convert on playout, not capture.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: intensity pro sd output during hd capture
on Dec 17, 2008 at 1:50:52 am

Well, the pass though from our boards (in capture mode) is all pre-processing. So, on capture the image that is passed to the output is exactly the same that is going to the input with no changes. Even if you have the down converter on, the output of the board is still HD. Once you change to playback mode the output will be down converted (assuming you have it on).

Once you get into playback mode the output will be down converted for you.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]