Please help me with this. here's the link I posted over apple's forum

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8572915#8572915

thanks

J

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Decklink HD extreme2 & sony HDW-500 sync problem
on Dec 5, 2008 at 10:45:06 am

Just add sync generator and you have a lot less trouble all the time.

Sync Generator US$295 from BM is pretty cheap and painless to use.

I see no point playing with your time and nerves :)

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 7, 2008 at 8:26:10 pm

I believe that you wrote this on the other forum (I apologize if you did not write this, and I am misquoting you)

"Don't have any trisync blackburst at all. (thinking sdi should take care of it)"

REPLY - I am sick of these multiple threads, on multiple forums that include Blackmagic and AJA. No matter what other users tell you, no matter what Blackmagic tells you (including Grant Petty), you need a BLACK GENERATOR to work with professional systems and professional VTRS. You don't have one, you are going to have NOTHING but problems.

Blackmagic (and others) make a very nice, INEXPENSIVE black generator that also generates tri level sync if you are operating at 23.98. The Blackmagic sync generator is $295 retail, and is selling at places like B&H for $279. You have an EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLAR Sony HD VTR at your place, so I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR that you can't afford $279 to instantly solve your problems.

You are going to buy a black generator - end of story. No more responses. No more work arounds. Act like a professional. Buy the gear that you need.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Dec 17, 2008 at 6:36:45 am

It's true. The feature that Kaspar mentioned in his email is not in our current products. It is largely unneeded now. Basically what that did is to output a small stable video signal on output from SDI B to be used to lock a deck.

However most decks can simply be set to us the input video as reference (though they must be set through the menu).

As Bob mentioned this does not always work without hangups, it can work. In any event having a sync generator is more ideal and they can be had relatively inexpensively.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]