FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge Eclipse and down convert

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Cole
Multibridge Eclipse and down convert
on Nov 23, 2008 at 5:06:59 am

My boss just got a second multibridge but this time got an Eclipse. We already have a multibridge Extreme in another room connected to a HDMI screen and a component SD monitor.
We are unable to get the Eclipse to display HD on the HDMI screen and SD on the component monitor at the same time just like the Extreme does. Is there a different setting for this or is the eclipse faulty?

SC

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: Multibridge Eclipse and down convert
on Nov 28, 2008 at 5:36:58 pm

Hi Sam

The Multibridge Extreme was one of our last products that used hardware down conversion. This hardware down conversion allowed the Extreme to do a split convert, whereby you can monitor HD on one output and SD on another.

For our current product range, we moved to all software down conversion. Because of this, the down convert is applied before the video signal is output through the device, and therefore all outputs on the Eclipse receive the same down converted signal.

So the Multibridge Eclipse does not work quite in the same way as the Extreme did, but the good news is that your Eclipse is not faulty!

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
on Nov 29, 2008 at 3:27:39 am

Is there a box we can get that will give us a downconverted output from the Eclipse while we are still monitoring HD from the HDMI on our 1920x1080 Plasma? Our SD monitor can also take SDI as well as component and we really need to see both HD and SD simultaneously. Or is the Multibridge Extreme still available as a product?

SC

Return to posts index

Cleiber Goulda
on May 3, 2011 at 12:02:08 pm

Callum,

When using the Eclipse in standalone mode as a converter, can it downconvert from HD-SDI input to SD analogue output? Looking at the workflow chart, it appears that it can do this - but I haven't been able to make it work with an analogue SD monitor (composite in) with a 1080i HD-SDI input.

Thanks,

Cleiber

Return to posts index

Cleiber Goulda
on Aug 25, 2011 at 3:04:13 pm

After my previous post I was get the Eclipse to down-convert while capturing. Now, I have a bit of an emergency...

While I was away, the booth where the equipment is located in our school was refurbished and everything was disconnected. I spent the whole day yesterday going through the manual and trying different choices on the BM control panel to try to remember what I did before that worked, to no avail.

If someone could help me out ASAP, I would really appreciate it as we have several projects starting tomorrow that need both HD and SD. My basic questions are:

1 - Can the Eclipse down-convert HD from SDI input to all the analogue outputs (component/composite) or only to SDI? If so, how do I need to set the control panel utility (downconvert on input, output or both)? ( I thought I had it setpu before with HD-SDI in but neither component nor composite have an output signal when ingesting HD SDI when I tried this no matter how the control panel utility was setup).

2 - Can the Eclipse down-convert HD from component input to all the analogue outputs, or maybe only to component out? How does the control panel choices (input/output) have to be set?

3 - Does realtime downconversion work with Media Express?

Again, many thanks for any input!

Cleiber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]