FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink and HVR Z1U

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon Appleby
Decklink and HVR Z1U
on Nov 18, 2008 at 7:01:18 pm

I am putting together a purchase list for the IT dept at the company that I currently do video for.
We are heading into the HD arena with a need for output to 720p files for broadcast.
I need to know if I can capture uncompressed HD from the camera via the Component cables and Audio output of the camera or a HVR M10U deck and maintain the Firewire control of the deck.
Also, can anyone tell me if the Decklink HD Extreme 2 is the way to go.... I will only be capturing from the M10U or Z1U units with ADOBE Premiere Pro CS4.
I will be outputing files to DVD and Blue Ray data only to be sent to another post facility to incorporate into their current Black Magic FCP System.

If anyone has VAST EXPERIENCE with the Decklink HD Extreme card, codecs, editing HD etc, please reply to this. If you have no experience, please don't bother, I don't need to read more SALES PITCH materials fromt their website or what that SAYS it will do.. I listened to that once several years ago, I won't do that again.

I am also wondering if there are any recommendations on External Raid Hard drive systems. I have only looked into Dulce, is there something else that would work for me?

Shannon Appleby
My Boyz Productions
J&P Cycles Inc.
Anamosa, Iowa
AVID Xpress Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, PC, NO MAC, Brightcove

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]