FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Link vs SDI-HDMI converter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve voyk
HD Link vs SDI-HDMI converter
on Nov 10, 2008 at 7:26:06 am

Hi guys,
I need to get HDSDI & SDI into an HDMI-enabled Plasma TV.

I'm unclear on which product is better bteween the HD-Link vs SDI-HDMI converter. It appears that HD Link only has a DVI output which means I then need to add in a passive DVI-HDMI adaptor. But that means a very basic colour space change from RGB to YCrCb correct which is probably not what I want to do given it's a client monitor.

Any insight would be helpful.
Cheers... steve

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: HD Link vs SDI-HDMI converter
on Nov 11, 2008 at 10:47:09 am

Hi Steve,

The HDLink and the SDI-HDMI Mini-Converter are slightly different beasts. You are correct in saying that the HDLink converts the colourspace for use with DVI. Another problem you might run into is that the standard HDLink does not output standard definition over HDMI, whereas the HDLink Pro does. If you wanted to go for the HDLink, then the HDLink Pro would be a better fit than the standard version. The SDI-HDMI Mini-Converter doesn’t do this colourspace conversion, and simply converts the SDI signal directly into HDMI.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Frederic Busnel-Joncour
Re: HD Link vs SDI-HDMI converter
on Jun 29, 2009 at 12:52:09 pm

Hi there,

I have another problem with similar equipment.

The edges of the picture are a little cropped.

The source is the SD-SDI output of an Avid mojo SDI, converted by the HD-Link Pro, and then monitored on a Panasonic consumer plasma TV (HDMI input with a DVI-HDMI cable). This is probably a underscan/overscan issue as the source tapes of the Avid are 35mm telecine. Is the a workaround for this ?

Best regards,

papalou

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]