FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eizo CG241W & HDLink Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jörg-Ch. Knochen
Eizo CG241W & HDLink Pro
on Nov 3, 2008 at 3:24:35 pm

Hi!

I have a problem with out monitoring setup.
We use a Eizo CG241W for it's Hardware calibration capabilities and a HDLink Pro to connect it to our SDI source. Since we are based in Germany, we usually produce at 25p or 50i.
The setup IS capable of displaying 50i and 25p Material (the Eizo monitor has some special settings to do so), but there are issues with the timing.
If we display moving material @ 25 or 50fps, 3/4th of the screen (from the bottom) shifts back one frame in time. the two portions are divided by a line, which has a step in it at the left of the screen. Here is one frame of a movie i took with a camera (the pattern on the screen moves to the right, the interlace artifacts at the bottom maybe generated by the camera):

(download the pic to see it in full res)

We exchaged both the monitor and the HDLink Pro and we have heard from others having the same problem.

The monitor works fine with the regular version of the HDLink, but this is not an option, since it has no usable interlace mode like the Pro version has.
The HDLink Pro works with a JVC Broadcast monitor, which is capable of native 50i and 25p framerates.

Eizo doesn't seem to be willing to change anything regarding their monitor, so i hope Blackmagic is able to figure something out… like I said: the small HDLink displays 25p material just fine.

Maybe someone from Blackmagic can help me out?

Thanks,
Jörg-Ch. Knochen

Return to posts index

Eric Scheurer
Re: Eizo CG241W & HDLink Pro
on Nov 16, 2008 at 11:34:51 pm

Hello Jörg,

just one remark: I'm not sure, but I have a Color Edge CG241W (for Design/Prints) and also a FlexScan HD2441W (for Vidéo) from Eizo connected to my MacPro 3.2 Ghz.

As far I know, when I decided to build my small system, the CG241W is not really adapted to monitor video on its own. It's calibration capabilities are essentially for Photo or Prints.

I use a blackmagic Intensity Pro to Monitor (HD or SD Vidéo) on the HD2441W screen via it's HDMI ports. I think the reason it might not work is the CG2441 cannot choose the Video signal / Frequency on the DVI ports, while the HD2441 can on the HDMI. Well I don't Know what you can set up via through the HDLink, but you may have some compatibility issues here. Try to mail a message directly to the backmagic support, they should give you a quick answer.

Sorry can help you better,

Eric, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Jörg-Ch. Knochen
Re: Eizo CG241W & HDLink Pro
on Nov 17, 2008 at 9:28:23 am

Hi!

Well, i know the HD2441W (we sold one to a customer) - nice monitor, but we chose the CG241W for it's hardware calibration - and it DOES work in 50Hz with the HDLink (not pro).

I'm allready in conversation with blackmagic, let's see, what they can do about it.

Thanks,
Jörg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]