FORUMS: list search recent posts

premiere does not shut down completely when using decklink hd extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric heimhilger
premiere does not shut down completely when using decklink hd extreme
on Nov 2, 2008 at 12:39:08 pm

hello,

my premiere cs3 win xp does not shut down completely when using decklink hd extreme. i can shut it but its still running in the taskmanager so i canĀ“t reopen premiere without stopping it in the task manager. this only happens when i use projects in combination with decklink. when i use a project without the decklink driver or with deinstalled decklink driver evrething works fine. does anybody know this problem? i tried reinstall premiere and decklink but nothing helps. all this starts after installing an erlier driver version (7.2) because the new decklink driver (since 6.8) are resetting my clip timecodes always to 00:00:00:00.....i dont know if i will use decklink for my company in the future because there are always problems and the thing with the unprofessional audiorouting in premiere is not fixed yet, too...thx

best

eric heimhilger
schnittwerk.tv

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: premiere does not shut down completely when using decklink hd extreme
on Nov 3, 2008 at 2:30:20 pm

Hi Eric

What type of PC are you using your Decklink card with? If possible, could you please post your system specs for me and which driver versions you are currently using?

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

eric heimhilger
on Nov 3, 2008 at 5:43:49 pm

hi callum,

i use the following components/versions:

MB: ASUS P5B Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core 2 6700
RAM 3GB
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT PCIe
Decklink HD Extreme PCIe Driver: 7.2

Windowx XP SP3

my problem started with wrong clip timecodes after capturing a batchlist with driver 8.-8.3: every clip started at tc 00.00.00.00 but the batchlist shows the correct tcs when the clips are offline. that was a shock because i,m working with 300 clips and i need the real tcs... a friend have this problem, too and told me to use an earlier driver so i went back to decklink 7.2 and here we are. tcs are now correct but these shut down problems. so i worked today with this workstation because i have a big project in it and everything works fine. i only have to close premiere in the taskmanager. i,m sure reinstalling xp, premiere, decklink will fix the problem but in this running project i don,t want to risk anything. so if you have no other solution i will do that after finishing my project.

best eric

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 4, 2008 at 1:25:23 am

I also have the same problem with my HD Extreme. I'm not sure if it is related but I have to stop the premiere.exe process in Task manager before I can relaunch CS3 after a crash. It may be a co-incidence that we both have HD Extremes.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Return to posts index

Martin Rose
on Nov 4, 2008 at 2:36:39 am

Same problems here with shutting down and timecode, also hdv footage is not scaling to standard def on output unless you place transparent video on the track above.

HD Extreme
6.8 drivers
ASUS p5k Deluxe Motherboard

Blackmagic projects seem to use a lot more system resources than premier projects. ie cpu use is 3 to 4 times higher. Is this normal?

Thanks

Martin Rose

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Nov 4, 2008 at 2:57:30 pm

I can also confirm this bug: all timecodes are set at in-point "0" with the 6.8 drivers.

I am using a system similar to Eric Heimhilger, ASUS Board, BetaSP, PremierePro...

I have just recently aquired the Decklink HD extreme. The many quirks with Decklink HD are beginning to worry me...

regards,
Ninetto M.

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
Please advise, Callum McLay
on Nov 7, 2008 at 11:29:43 am

End of the week and still no sign of life from BMD?

It would be nice to hear if this is a bug or "just" an anomoly for specific systems...

ALSO I was unable to find anything equivalent to an "update log" listing the changes between driver versions. Does BMD list this info anywhere? It would help making decisions on this end vis a vis down/upgrading drivers!

regards,
Ninetto M.

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 8, 2008 at 12:36:27 pm

Same here Eric. All my captures via RS-422 with the latest drivers are capturing with timecode start at 0.00.00.00.00. This is a real PITA as we can't recapture if we have a RAID failure. BMD guys; can you check this please?

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

eric heimhilger
on Nov 8, 2008 at 1:12:39 pm

hello everbody,

nice not to be alone...
i fixed my clip tc problem by using driver 7.2.
don't worry about recapturing. when i installed this driver version all tcs switched automatically back to the original tcs. or when you have batched clips and they are now tc 0000000 put them offline and than you can see the original tcs in the offline clips and you can recapture.

best eric

eric heimhilger
schnittwer.tv

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 8, 2008 at 8:41:39 pm

eric I can't find driver V7.2 I'm on the latest V64 driver 6.8.3 This is super annoying. We're doing an urgent Sunday edit and I can't capture timecode. I'll try loading an old driver.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

eric heimhilger
on Nov 9, 2008 at 11:54:49 am

hi peter,

here you will find it:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/software/archive/

best eric

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 9, 2008 at 12:37:23 pm

Cheers. Thanks Eric.

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Nov 10, 2008 at 4:19:02 am

Like you Eric, I found the most recent driver that works is 6.7.2. I also found the serial port is not found with 6.8.x V64 drivers. here's hoping there's a fix soon along with CS4 support. I sent BMD support a note so they are aware of it.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
on Nov 10, 2008 at 9:53:07 am

Hi All

First, I'd just like to thank everyone for bringing this problem to our attention. Finding out about these issues helps us to further improve our product range.

The problem of the batch capture timecode disappearing on restart has been regressed to our development team, and it is currently being investigated. I'm afraid at this early stage I can offer no time frame on a solution, but please be assured this problem is being looked at.

For those who go back to the 6.7.x drivers, and find that Premiere will not unload properly, this seems to be a very specific problem that only affects certain hardware configurations.

What could help you here, is by going to Project Settings>>Capture, and changing your Desktop rendering settings from OpenGL to D3D.

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

eric heimhilger
on Nov 15, 2008 at 8:37:56 pm

hi all,
now i fixed all my problems by using driver 6.7.2 (fixed the wrong batchlist tcs)
and playback/capture settings in premiere "Direct 3D" (fixed the "premiere does not shut down" problem). maybe this info helps someone.

best eric

eric heimhilger
schnittwer.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]